Guess who bought a ton of avocado and they all decided to be ripe at the same time?! This gal! So of course, I did the only logical thing after eating two… I tried to made a pasta sauce! This Creamy Avocado Pasta can be made for vegetarians or for meat lovers with just small changes.
As I’m a strong believer of tasting as I go, I wasn’t sure what my measurements would be so I measured a bit at a time before adding it in. This dish really should take no longer than the time it takes for your pasta to finish cooking, perfect for when you’re running low on time and need to whip something up.
The ingredients are simple and most of which you probably have in the kitchen. And like I said, this is versatile enough to make it whatever way (i.e. sub in vegetable stock for chicken stock to make it fully vegetarian, or add chicken, bacon, pork, etc).
- Avocado (2 ripe)
- Chicken Stock (1/3 cup Blue Goose)
- Greek Yogurt (1/3 cup Liberte)
- Garlic Powder (recommended ½ teaspoon)
- Salt & Pepper
- Cook your pasta
- In a large bowl, combine the Avocado, Chicken Stock, Greek Yogurt, Garlic Powder, Salt, and Pepper and mash it all up
- Cook your broccoli (or choice of meat/vegetable)
- Drain your pasta and mix in your avocado cream and broccoli.
- Top off with Parmesan
Seriously, is that easy or is that easy? It travels pretty well for lunch but be aware that if you just leave the sauce on its own overnight, it’ll do what most avocados would do…turn sightly brown. Just a heads up!