On Sunday, I was meal prepping for the week. When I uploaded my pesto prosciutto stuffed chicken onto my Instagram story I got a few questions as to “what is that!?!?!?!” So here it is! My super quick and easy pesto prosciutto stuffed chicken.
I try to make sure I have some sort of vegetable to go with my meals and I was craving something crispy and crunchy without resorting to chips soooooo kale chips it is. And turns out, my dog loves kale chips because I dropped one and he vacuumed it right up before begging for more.
- Chicken Breast (2 breast, Blue Goose)
- Swiss Cheese (2 slices)
- Prosciutto (2 slices)
- Olive Oil
- Garlic Powder
- Chicken Stock
- Pre-heat the oven to 350
- Butterfly cut the chicken beast and open it up like a book
- Place a spoonful of pesto onto on side and spread it evenly
- Place a slice of prosciutto on both breast
- Place a slice of swiss cheese on top
- Pop it into the oven for 35-40 minutes
- Remove the leaves from the stem
- Wash and dry
- Coat the kale with olive oil
- Season with salt, pepper, and garlic powder
- Pop into the oven until crispy
- Bring a pot of water to boil
- Put in pasta, olive oil, salt, and cook until al dente
- Mix the chicken stock from the chicken with the pesto before mixing it with the pasta
I love how easy and versatile this recipe is. You can literally stuff the chicken with anything. You can put in mushrooms, arugula, asparagus, goat cheese, anything you want! And it is so quick to make that you can stuff a few at a time before popping them in the oven for a last minute dinner get together. And if you have some extra time, breading the chicken makes it look prettier and give it an extra crunch!
QOTD: What are you making today? What did you meal prep this week?
*click pin for the pinnable image