TGIF! Today I’ll be doing something I haven’t done in months: Friday Five linkup by Courtney, Mar and Cynthia. This week, they chose the theme 5 People Who Motivate Me. This was definitely not an easy list for me to narrow down so I’m going to try my best… there’s my 5 in no particular order!
1. My Running Friends. It’s definitely motivating to be surrounded by a group of lovely ladies (and gents) in the Toronto running community. We come from all walks of life (kids, no kids, dogs, 10 dogs, no dogs, lawyers, nurses, young, old) and it’s amazing seeing how everyone is able to carve out time almost daily to get their run in.
2. My Coach. I’m a people pleaser so having a coach is a major motivator. I never want to let anyone down so I always try to nail every workout given to me.
3. My Team. I have teammates that are decades older than me that can kick my behind – in like a drop of a hat! We have people runner 15 minute 5ks, winning races, and ultramarathons. Being surrounded by people who have such a passion for running really lights a fire under my butt. We train in pretty much the same conditions – rain or shine so I really have no excuse to not be doing my workouts when they’re out there doing theirs.
4. My Boyfriend. I like knowing that I can outrun him. Eventually I’ll be able to out sprint him 😉
5. My blog readers and Instagram followers! I LOVE getting messages from people who happened to stumble upon my blog or Instagram and take the time to email me that I’ve inspired them to start running/not give up/run more/race more. It’s motivating knowing that through doing what I love, I managed to make a positive impact on someone’s life!
So tell me, Who motivates you? What motivates you?
[Tweet “Linking up with @yousignedup, @EatPrayRunDC, and @marmaone1 for #FridayFive! 5 People Who Motivate Me via @runcarmyrun”]