1. It doesn’t get easier – you just get faster.
2. You can tell a lot about people by the way they treat race volunteers. Yes someone may be too tired or focused to thank them at the water station but was there a thank you at baggage check, baggage claim, etc? Says a lot about someone.
3. Stop comparing yourself to others. Be the best you can be and stop focusing on everyone else.
4. There is no secret recipe for success. Your results will reflect your efforts. Work hard and results will come.
5. Go pee even if you don’t have to. The lines will get long!
6. The 15 minute rule – if you don’t feel like running, go for 15 minutes regardless and see how it goes/where it takes you.
7. Set backs happen. No matter how prepared you may be, sometimes you hit a road block and that’s okay. Pick yourself up and reexamine things before proceeding. You may have to take a detour but you’ll get there eventually.
8. Everyday is different – you can nail a run at the beginning of the week but run a difficult one later on. It happens. Move on!
9. Running is not like studying – you can’t cram for a race!
10. Pace yourself. Learn to “slow down” and not run every run hard.
[Tweet “Things Running Has Taught Me via @runcarmyrun #runhappy #runchat #fitfluential”]
So what has running taught you?