AirFryer Shrimp Tempura Sushi Burrito
This AirFryer Shrimp Tempura Sushi Burrito is the perfect lunch meal prep! Easy to grab and go, heat not required, and healthy, this sushi burrito will be your go-to lunch!
Prep Time 15 minutes
Cook Time 9 minutes
Total Time 24 minutes
Servings 9 burritos
On your stove top or rice cooker, cook 3 cups of sushi rice (1 part rice to 1 1/4 parts water).
While the rice is cooking, prep your shrimp by cutting the inside of the shrimp (see video) to stretch the shrimp into a straight shape.
Once the shrimp is ready, mix together your tempura powder and dip your shrimp into the batter. Let excessive batter drip off the shrimp on a rack before placing it into your Airfryer basket.
Without having to pre-heat the airfryer, place them in to be cooked for 9 minutes at 375F.
Take a sheet of nori, and lay the shinier side down. Dip your finger into water and side it across the top of the nori sheet and then place a second sheet down, overlaying an inch or so. This doubles your nori sheet in length so when you roll your burrito, everything stays inside!
Keeping your fingertips wet, spread the rice on top, making sure it covers the entire surface of the nori before laying down your other ingredients (corn, edamame, carrot). Top off with your dressing of choice, I use sriracha mayo.
Roll up your burrito and then wrap it with a piece of parchment paper. Seal the ends and store it in the fridge's vegetable crisper in an airtight container to prevent the rice from hardening.
- I cut my rolls in half and stored them in a Tupperware container to prevent them from being crushed in a bag.
- You want to store the burritos in the vegetable crisper to help prevent the rice from hardening when cold. Store in an airtight container to keep the rice from hardening too quickly.
- The burritos should be good for around 3 days as the longer it is stored in the fridge, the more the rice hardens.
- Cut down the recipe by half if you're making it for one. 9 Is enough for us for 3 day.
- If you are worried about hardened rice and want to reheat the burritos, just skip adding the sauce to the burrito and have it served on the side.
Serving: 9g | Calories: 320kcal | Carbohydrates: 56g | Protein: 17g | Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 127mg | Sodium: 404mg | Potassium: 239mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 28.7% | Vitamin C: 7.8% | Calcium: 9.6% | Iron: 14.7%