Creamy Spinach and Potato Soup (no dairy)
The perfect creamy soup for a cold winter day! This Creamy Spinach and Potato Soup has no dairy in it despite it's creamy texture!
- 5 tablespoons butter give or take
- 1 large yellow onion roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic diced finely
- 4 potatoes peeled and roughly chopped
- 8 cups chicken broth or vegetable broth to make this vegetarian
- 8 oz of spinach one large bag
- salt and pepper to taste
Place butter in pan and let it heat up and coat it entirely.
Toss in the onions, garlic, and then the potatoes.
Let it brown slightly before adding the broth.
Let it simmer.
Taste and season accordingly with salt and pepper.
Once it's simmered, add in the spinach and wait for it to wilt.
Carefully transfer the soup into the blend, 2-3 cups at a time.
Blend til smooth.