These freezer friendly ham, egg, and cheese bagel bombs help make your mornings easier! Make them ahead of time, pop them into the freezer, and then in the toaster oven when you’re ready to eat it for breakfast before dashing out the door!
Disclaimer: This recipe was made in collaboration with Allégro. Thank you for supporting brands who support me and make this blog possible!
I know, I know, it’s hard to get everything done in 24hrs. I feel you! Between waking up early for my morning run, walking the dog, and then rushing out to get to work, it can be so easy to skip breakfast. That’s why today I’m teaming up with Allégro to bring you this super delicious and nutritious freezer friendly ham, egg, and cheese bagel bombs!
So why did I pick Allégro to stuff these freezer friendly ham, egg, and cheese bagel bombs? I’m usually doing to grab and go if I’m going to work after a run so I need to make sure what I’m eating is working for my body. Allégro has 10 grams of protein per 30 grams of cheese, low in fat, and is rich in calcium. Actually, that’s pretty much perfect as any general snack and not just for breakfast! They’re also naturally lactose free so I don’t have to worry about sharing my bagel bombs with housemates.
What Are Bagel Bombs?
So what exactly are bagel bombs and specifically these freezer friendly ham, egg, and cheese bagel bombs? Um, they’re like everything you want for breakfast in one convenient ball! Instead of figuring out the toppings for a bagel, we are pretty much stuffing a bagel so you can grab and go! They’re also super versatile!
What you can stuff in your bagel bombs
- Different types of cheeses – for example, down below I stuffed on bagel bomb with jalapeno cheese and the other one with herbs & spices to keep things interesting. Mix it up, throw in orange cheese from Allégro if you’re feeling something sharp.
- Other veggies: mushrooms, broccoli, sun dried tomatoes, etc
- Different deli meats: sliced turkey, roast beef, chicken, pepperoni, etc
- Different spices: cinnamon, chili flakes, paprika, etc
How To Make Freezer Friendly Ham, Egg, and Cheese Bagel Bombs
- I used pizza dough to make these bagel bombs – they’re 650 grams and I divided them into 8 pieces, rolled them into little balls, then set them under cling film for 20 minutes to let it rise.
- I grated my cheese so it melts better in the oven.
- I “flash” boiled the bagel bombs in honey water like they do in Montreal! The boiling effectively sets the crust before it goes in the oven.
- See the video below on how I get the filling into the bagel bombs! Note: If you are having trouble with the stickiness of the dough, set down some cornmeal or flour (years of working at a pizza place taught me that)
Freezer Friendly Ham, Egg, and Cheese Bagel Bombs
- 2 x 650 grams refrigerated pizza dough (two balls)
- 6-7 whole eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup ham diced
- 150 grams shredded Allégro cheese (a bit more than half a block)
- 2 tablespoon honey
- bagel seasoning to taste
- Follow the pizza dough's thawing instructions and divide the pizza dough into 8 even pieces and roll into balls. Cover with a cling film and let it rise for 20 minutes.
- While the dough is rising, preheat your oven to 425F and start to scramble your eggs (salt and pepper to taste) on the stove top. Then bring a pot of water with honey in it to a boil.
- Once the dough is ready, flatten each ball and place your scrambled eggs, ham, and cheese into the middle. Pinch the sides of the dough to seal (see the video above if you want visual instructions).
- Once all your balls are done, drop it into the boiling water for 30 seconds to a minute to flash boil it. I use a fine mesh steel strainer to scoop them back out.
- Place the bagel bombs onto a sheet pan (with non stick spray or parchment paper lining) and sprinkle bagel seasoning on top (my mix: poppy seeds, salt, dried onion flakes).
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- OPTIONAL: place in freezer (separately wrapped) to freeze for later
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite freezer friendly meal?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube