Need a last minute idea for a potluck? Try this chickpea pesto pasta! Super easy to make in under an hour.
When I showed up to work on Monday, I found out that we were having a little informal potluck the next day for lunch and guess who wouldn’t have been home til 10PM? This gal. Uh oh. Guess who was sooooo not prepared? This gal. Uh oh again.
So what could I make? I just knew that it had to be meatfree, easy to transport, easy to make, and did not need to be reheated. One thing I always have on hand is pasta so I thought maybe a pasta salad of some sort. My coworker was going to make spicy meatballs so something with heat was off the table to give my coworkers an alternative if they couldn’t take heat.
By the morning, I had decided on a chickpea pesto pasta – quick to make, meatless, and easy to transport! This is what I would call a no recipe recipe since I kind of threw whatever I had on hand into the pot and called it a day 😉
Chickpea Pesto Pasta
- 900 grams pasta rotini
- 1 can chickpeas drained
- 1 cup corn
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup greek yogurt
- 160 grams pesto
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- extra parmesan cheese to top it
- salt and pepper to taste
- Boil water in a large pot to cook your pasta.
- While the pasta is cooking, place the chickpeas and corn into a pan with 2 tbsp of water and cook it with garlic powder, salt, and pepper for 3-4 minutes.
- To make the sauce, add the butter into a small sauce pan. Once it's melted, add in your greek yogurt (low heat) and stir in your jar of pesto and cheese.
- Combine the drained pasta, chickpea, corn, and sauce in a large container before topping it with additional cheese.
- Serve chilled or warm.
[Tweet “Last Minute Potluck Chickpea Pesto Pasta”]
Let’s chat: what’s your go-to potluck dish?
PS here’s a couple photos I took of the potluck for my IG stories – nothing fancy but we had enough food to keep us happy and fed 🙂 (come follow me on IG if you aren’t already for more behind the scene stuff like this!)