This Oven Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Steak with Glazed Carrots is so quick and easy to make and it only takes one pan! It is the perfect meal prep or last minute dinner that is fast and barely uses any dishes!
After Soulcycle a couple Tuesdays ago with CLIFBar (check out my post here on my experience with the workout with a cult-like following), I dashed home, hoping to get a nap in before heading to work in the evening.
However, I realized on the way home, I had a full week of work pretty much from 8AM-9PM.The only options for fast take out near my work place was McDonald’s so I needed to make food ASAP.
This Oven Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Steak with Glazed Carrots literally took me less than an hour to shop for and make before dashing off to work. It’s definitely a household favourite as despite looking like a dish that takes a day of labouring to make, it really only took me 30ish minutes.
I think the hardest part was tying up the rolled up meat. I learned the butcher’s method in a culinary class but I kind of just did what I wanted to make sure the meat was tied up.
After cooking, I sliced them up and portioned it into some bento boxes to bring to work for the week. Tip: Keep in mind if you’re going to reheat it, make sure your meat is slightly underdone so when you reheat it, it’s not overcooked.
Easy right? And all in one pan! This Oven Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Steak with Glazed Carrots is definitely going to be my next go-to dish for a dinner get together!
One Pan: Oven Roasted Red Peppers, Spinach, and Cheese Stuffed Steak with Glazed Carrots
- 1 large flat steak
- salt & pepper
- 5-6 carrots
- 2 tbsp garlic butter (or regular butter) melted or room temperature
- 1 tbsp brown sugar (or regular sugar with molasses)
- 3 cups spinach
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup asiago cheese shredded
- 1-2 red bell pepper julienned
- salt and pepper
- cooking string
- Heat your oven up to 400F.
- Cut your carrots length wise (or more) and then in a large bowl, coat your carrots (peeled) with your butter and brown sugar. Pop it into your oven around 7-10 minutes before your put your steak in.
- In the same bowl once the carrots are in the oven, coat the spinach and red pepper with olive oil.
- On a clean surface or cutting board, lay out your steak and flatten it a bit. Season with salt and pepper before placing spinach and red peppers on top of the steak. Sprinkle your cheese on top before rolling up the steak into a log shape.
- Using some cooking string, tie up the roll of steak using the butcher's knot method or whichever method you find easiest.
- Place into the oven and let it roast for 15-20 minutes (or until everything is cooked throughly). If you have extra spinach and red peppers, place it in the oven beside the meat and carrots and look them too!
- Once done, transfer the meat onto a cutting board and let it rest for 10 minutes before cutting the string before serving.
Let’s Chat! What’s your go-to meal for a busy week?
pin me for later
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube