This One Pot Creamy Mushroom, Chicken, Spinach Pasta is the perfect pasta for Valentine’s or just a meal prep for the week. Either way, it’s delicious, creamy, and easily made in one pot!
This post is brought to you by Zwilling/Ballarini!
An Easy One Pot Pasta Recipe
One thing I love to make are one pot pastas. They are so easy to prep and make and the one pot aspect makes doing dishes way easier. This year, for Valentine’s, I’m going to kill two birds with one stone. I’m going to do a meal prep and cook a Valentine’s dinner. Plus this chicken mushroom spinach pasta is the perfect chicken meal prep idea if you want to make extra to take to work with you!
To give the recipe a bit more of a Valentine’s vibe, I used bow tie (farfalle) pasta. There’s something about it just makes it look so cute and lovey dovey feeling to it. It does great with cream based sauces so I decided to make a creamy mushroom, spinach, and chicken pasta. While the recipe calls for a cup of cream, the potassium in the mushrooms, a zillion healthy benefits of spinach (zinc, fibre, vitamins, etc), and protein from the chicken balances out the cream in my books.
If you cannot find this pasta, an alternative would be gemilli or any smallish pasta, keeping on the cute vibe. But seriously, bow tie pasta are the cutest. Now sure if the mister will appreciate it but I sure do ;).
For this recipe, I used the Ballarini Treviso Ceramic Saute Pan. It was just deep enough to fit all the ingredients without being too deep that it made the cook uneven/needed constant stirring. This pan has Thermopoint (that little green dot up above) where it will turn red when the pan is hot enough to start cooking and goes back to green when it is cool enough to be safely washed, touched and moved to other surfaces. No more doing the temperature pat test for this girl.
Ballarini offers a wide range of coatings, including traditional, granitium and ceramic, all of which are free of harmful chemicals. Made in the culinary epicentre of Europe, Ballarini’s products have been tested and recommended by some of the top kitchens in Italy.
One Pot Creamy Mushroom, Chicken, Spinach Pasta + Giveaway
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1.5 lbs chicken breasts diced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 3 cups cremini mushrooms sliced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken broth (full container from Campbells)
- 1 cup cream 35%+
- 1 pound farfalle/bow tie pasta full box from Barilla
- 8 oz spinach full bag from Harvest Fresh
- Heat olive oil in a large pot or pan on medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and once it's done cooking through, set aside.
- Using the same pan, add the diced onion in.
- Once slightly cooked through, add in the garlic and mushroom.
- Add some salt and pepper for taste.
- Once everything is cooked, add in chicken broth and heavy cream before bringing it to a boil.
- Once boiled, lower the heat to medium and add the pasta.
- When the pasta is al dente, add the spinach and fold it into the pasta.
- Then add the chicken back into the pan and some parmesan.
- Top off with extra parmesan when serving.
Recipe NotesAlternative: sub in kale or swiss chard instead of spinach
This recipe also packs well! Just make sure you’ve stirred it well so the sauce has evenly coated the pasta so you don’t go to work without enough sauce on your pasta!
So what do you think? Perfect for both Valentine’s and a weekly meal prep right? I just love how easy it in and how it all fit into one pan! I’m loving my Ballarini Treviso Ceramic Saute Pan so much right now and today, I’ve partnered up with Zwilling to giveaway one too! This pan retails for $145 and I’m excited to be giving one away! Enter down below. *Canadian entries only. Sorry!
QOTD: What are you making for Valentine’s? What’s your favourite Italian recipe?
pin it for later