This Greek Inspired Chicken Nachos dish is fun and delicious plus it can be eaten two ways!
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Ozery Bakery. Thanks for supporting the brands who support me!
If you’ve run a race in Toronto, you’ve had probably tried something from Ozery Bakery. One of my favourite pre and post race snacks to calm my stomach is a Morning Round (the ones with raisins are my favourite!). In fact, their Morning Round was being handed out at the finisher area of the Toronto Waterfront 10k. They’re definitely a staple for me! So when I got my hands on their new Organic Wheat Ozery Bakery OneBun, I was excited to try it!
When I got my hands on these, my first thought of Greek Inspired Chicken Nachos! Recently one of my favourite greek restaurants by work closed down so I’ve been craving some chicken souvlaki for lunch so I thought, why not try and make my own?
I started by marinating two chicken breasts with olive oil, lemon, garlic, dried oregano, fresh parsley, and salt and pepper. If you want to make this ahead of time, you can marinate the chicken the night before so it’s ready to go the next day to bake. For the toppings, I kept it simple and used black beans, cheese, feta cheese, jalapeno, and parsley. I had originally planned on putting onions and tomatoes on the nachos too but I forgot the onions (oops) and decided to hold off the tomatoes because I was going to prep this for lunch over the week and didn’t want it to get soggy in the fridge. So tip, add your diced tomatoes on the day off if you want tomatoes!
For the Ozery Bakery OneBun, I had wanted to make this dish “two ways” as to give my week’s meal prep more variety. I used the Ozery Bakery OneBun as the nacho chips and as a sandwich.
Greek Inspired Chicken Nachos Two Ways
For the Chicken
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of half a lemon
- 2-3 clove garlic, pressed
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- cheese, grated
- feta cheese, crumbled
- black beans
- chicken, shredded
- 6 Ozery Bakery OneBun sandwichs
For the Sandwich
- 3 Ozery Bakery OneBun sandwichs
- tzatziki sauce and guac
- Start by marinating your chicken for 1 hour or overnight.
- Heat your oven up to 400F and bake for 20-25 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. While the chicken is baking, prep your Ozery Bakery OneBun sandwich buns by cutting a pack (6) into triangles to use as nacho chips and half a pack (3) in half to make the sandwich buns.
- Toast the Ozery Bakery OneBuns in the oven at 350F for 8-10 minutes (or for a shorter period of time if you want to bake it with the chicken).
- Once your chicken is done, shred it. Keep the oven on for the next part.
- I used a cast iron so serving it would be easier and prettier but it's up to you on what you'd like to use for this part. In a cast iron, I layered the triangled Ozery Bakery OneBun, chicken, grated cheese, crumbed feta cheese, black beans, and jalapeno. Top it off with some parsley and then pop it into the oven for 5-10 minutes, long enough so the cheese melts.
- Serve it as nachos or as a sandwich stuffing in the 3 Ozery Bakery OneBuns that were cut in half earlier.
- Optional: Serve with tzatziki sauce and guac!
[Tweet “This Greek Inspired Chicken Nachos dish is fun&delicious plus it can be eaten two ways! @ozerybakery”]
Let’s chat! Do you prefer the sandwich or the nachos? :)
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube