This Parmesan Chicken and Mushroom Orzo is a super easy one pot meal prep. Delicious and fast! Plus a video on how to make this easy chicken mushroom orzo recipe!
An Easy Chicken Mushroom Orzo Recipe
I am legit the worst. I’ve had this Parmesan Chicken and Mushroom Orzo recipe shot and edited in June but never got around to typing up the post. The other day, I was reaching for some orzo to make this recipe again when it clicked in my head that hey, I forgot to write up the post! I have way too much fun shooting than I do writing so I guess this kind of fell into the back burner.
Anyways, this Parmesan Chicken and Mushroom Orzo is a super easy one pot meal prep that pretty much covers my lunch for most of the week. Orzo has quickly become one of my favourite dump and go style pastas and it is just so versatile with what it can go with. (See my Orzo Bolognese recipe for another variation)
Trust me when I say this is an easy chicken mushroom orzo recipe it’s practically a dump and go styled recipe. I cooked the chicken first in the pot before putting it aside and then in the skillet, I put mushrooms, chicken stock, orzo, seasoning, and then parmesan cheese before putting the chicken back in. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! See below for the video recipe to see just how easy it is!
Tips On Perfecting This One Pot Parmesan Chicken Mushroom Orzo
- If you have time and want to pack a punch, marinade this chicken the night before – cube your chicken and put in a drizzle of olive oil, lemon slices, and a tbsp of honey.
- I use these bento boxes to store my chicken meal prep for work and to store in the fridge for up to 5 days
- looking for more one pot pasta dishes? Try these: One Pot Beef Tomato Spinach Basil Pasta, One Pot Orzo Bolognese, and One Pot Mac and 4 Cheese with Broccoli and Peas
One Pot Parmesan Chicken and Mushroom Orzo
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, divided into 2 minced
- 2 chicken breasts diced
- 1 portobello mushroom diced finely
- Salt + Pepper to taste
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups orzo
- handful parmesan cheese
- In a hot pan, put your olive oil in before putting in half your garlic and chicken.
- Once your chicken is cooked, set it aside and put in your portobello mushroom and the second half of your garlic into your pan.
- Add your stock and orzo then cover until your orzo is cooked through.
- Mix in a handful of parmesan cheese and your chicken.
How To Make Chicken Mushroom Orzo / Video Recipe / Instructions
Let’s chat! What’s your favourite one pot meal?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube
pin me for later