Looking for an easy dessert to make for a party or a bake sale? This recipe for easy no bake Oreo truffles are prefect for when you’re in a pinch!
Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles
This recipe brings back memories. I first share this recipe in 2011 on my very first blog!
I honestly cannot believe that it’s been almost 6 years. I used to blog on and off until around 3 years ago when I finally found my groove and started blogging consistently. Anyways, I absolutely love this recipe – this is usually my go-to for when I need to make something for a bake sale or when we’re doing a pot luck of some sort at work. They’re the perfect little bite sized treat!
Over the weekend, I made this for two reasons – one, it’s almost Valentine’s Day so these easy no bake Oreo truffles are a must for the season and two, a coworker is transferring and I wanted to bring in something yummy for her last day. These are also the perfect no bake bake sale recipe because you can easily make a ton of these and they’ll also sell like hot cakes!
How To Make These Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles
These easy no bake Oreo truffles are aptly named. They are so easy to make and all you need is some space in your freezer. This can take as little as 30 minutes but I left it in the freezer longer as I recalled that the bigger balls (hahahaha) can take longer to set and it can break while being dipped in the chocolate. Even though this time my no bake Oreo truffles are smaller than before, I left them in longer just in case.
So when I say easy, I mean easy. I used 1.5 packs of Oreos (300g per bag), one block of cream cheese, 1.5 bags of milk chocolate Chipits, and a handful of white chocolate Chipits for the drizzle. Alternatively, you can use the whole bag of white chocolate and have some truffles coated in white chocolate to avoid having a half bag left over for the milk chocolate.
6 years ago, I crushed the Oreos by hand. Now as an adult, I finalllllly got myself a food processor and it cut down on prep time by a lot. Literally took seconds compared to when I use to go to town on a ziplock baggy of Oreos with a rolling pin.
To make things easier, after the cookies were crushed, instead of putting the whole block of cream cheese into the mix, put it up into smaller pieces to make it easier to fold into each other. Above is how the mixture should look once you’re almost done mixing the cookies and cream cheese together. Note, it’s easier to do it by hand. I have a pair of gloves on because I had a cut on my hand because this clumsy gal dropped and cut herself on a plate at Winners on Saturday. Oops.
I froze these no bake Oreo truffles twice, once after they’ve been coated by the milk chocolate and then a second time after the white chocolate drizzle. An alternative to the drizzle is to save some left over cookie crumbles and sprinkle it on top of the Oreo truffles once they’ve been coated.
For this recipe, I used a food processor (Cuisinart 12-cup (3 L) Food Processor) and this recipe requires freezing.
Easy No Bake Oreo Truffles
- 1.5 bags of Oreo cookies
- 1 package of cream cheese
- 1.5 bags (405g) of milk chocolate
- 0.5 bag (135g) of white chocolate for drizzling
- Place your Oreo cookies into the food processor and pulse until finely crumbled.
- Pour crumbles into a mixing bowl and add in your cream cheese, cut up to make mixing easier.
- Mix together until it looks like a paste.
- Pinch off little walnut sized bits and roll it up into a little ball.
- Pop into the freezer for 15-20 minutes.
- Melt your chocolate for dipping once the balls are ready.
- Dip them into the chocolate carefully using a spoon.
- Once coated, pop the balls back into the freezer.
- Repeat the process with the white chocolate to make the drizzle.
- Leave in fridge until ready for serving.
More no bake desserts:
- Healthy No Bake Blueberry Vanilla Cashew Bars
- Toasted Marshmallow and Oreo Milkshake
- Homemade Matcha Ice Cream
Flourless but baked desserts:
QOTD: What’s your go to dessert for Valentine’s or a bake sale?
[Tweet “This recipe for easy no bake Oreo truffles are the prefect bite sized desserts!”]
pin me for later!