This healthy flat bread breakfast is the best way to start your day off right! Filled with almonds, seeds, and hemp hearts, this healthy flat bread good for you and delicious. Top it off with your favourite fruit and nut butter!
Something I touched upon in my smoothie posts is how I like to get as much healthy and nutritional foods into me first thing in the morning, which is why my go-to smoothie has over 3 cups of spinach and 3 cups of kale!
For this healthy flat bread breakfast, I use a mixture of almonds and seeds as the base instead of using flour. Making a total of 1 cup of “flour,” I threw in an assortment of whole almonds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, and hemp hearts into the food processor. And just like that, I have a mix of healthy fats, fiber, protein, and vitamins to start off the day.
For this recipe, you’ll need a food processor. Lately I’ve been playing more with my food processor. I made strawberry glaze with the food processor last week! There’s just something so fun about throwing things into the food processor and seeing what happens such as this chickpea brown rice burger. I think I’m going to try making my own nut butter next with the food processor.
To keep costs down, I got most of my ingredients (minus the fruit toppings) as Bulk Barn due to using a mix of seeds in small amounts.
Healthy Flat Bread Breakfast
- cashew butter or your choice of nut butter
- banana, sliced
- strawberry, sliced
- Heat your oven to 350F
- Using your food processor, grind the almonds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, and hemp hearts into a fine powder.
- Mix in cinnamon, nutmeg, baking powder, and your small pinch of salt.
- In a separate bowl, mix your eggs and milk together.
- Mix everything together and add in your olive oil.
- Pouring it onto a piece of parchment paper on your pan, bake it for 30 minutes.
- To serve, spread on your favourite nut butter and fruit topping!
QOTD: What are some ways you use your food processor? What’s your go-to healthy breakfast?
[Tweet “Filled w/ almonds, seeds, + hemp hearts, this healthy flatbread is the perfect way to start your day”]
pin me for later
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube