Need a meal prep idea for this week? Why not try this delicious one sheet pan honey mustard chicken and veggies! It’s simple, delicious, and fast to make!
Sheet Pan Meal = Less Dishes!
I hate washing dishes – there are days where I’m meal prepping and I’m like HOW DID I USE 10 BOWLS AND ALL THESE POTS?! WHAT WAS I DOING?! Not wanting to deal with dishes, I’ve been making more one pot/one sheet pan dishes and I’ve been loving not having to wash a zillion dishes.
This week I wanted something a little different than my regular plain-ish oven baked chicken but didn’t want to do more work than necessary (aka dishes). Checking my fridge, I saw that I still had some mustard left and just rolled with it.
To keep this honey mustard chicken recipe to one sheet pan, I skipped the rice and I grabbed a mix of baby potatoes for my carbs (so I didn’t have to cook rice separately and wash another item!).
Ingredients For This Sheet Pan Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
- chicken breasts: I use boneless, skinless breasts
- garlic powder
- black pepper
- broccoli: I use crowns
- baby potatoes: whichever ones you prefer
- unsalted butter
- salt and pepper
Substitutions or additional ingredients you can add
- cauliflower instead of broccoli
- sweet potatoes or yams instead of potatoes
- tofu cubes instead of chicken breasts
How to Make Baked Honey Mustard Chicken
To make this baked sheet pan honey mustard chicken even more flavourful, you can marinate the chicken in the honey mustard sauce overnight before making.
This can be stored in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
One Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken + Veggies
- 4-5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/3 cup honey
- 4-5 tbsp mustard
- 2 tbsp garlic powder
- sprinkle black pepper
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1 bag baby potatoes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oven to 400F
- Mix together your sauce (honey, mustard, garlic powder, black pepper).
- Coat chicken evenly with the sauce
- Place the chicken onto the sheet pan with the veggies (lightly coated with butter/salt/pepper).
- Bake for 30 minutes. Or bake for 25 minutes then broil for 5 for a darker finish on the chicken.
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite veggie to meal prep??
pin me for later!