Do you love peanut butter? Do you love chocolate? Well then this peanut butter chocolate granola is perfect for you! Put it on your smoothie, greek yogurt, or just eat it as is (like I did while making this!).
So I’m kind of obsessed with peanut butter… and by obsessed, I will eat it by the spoonful. And don’t you lie to me, I know I am not alone in this! Haha! Remember when I ran the Sporting Life 10K and the only thing I packed to my sleepover at Ben’s was my clothes and a jar of peanut butter? Yeah – I really don’t need much to keep me happy!
Anyways, today I have for you a super simple granola recipe that a handful of ingredients that you probably already have in your pantry and will satisfy your peanut butter craving. While you could use coconut oil in this recipe, I chose to use butter. Yes coconut oil is more healthy but I prefer butter over coconut oil. There, I said it. Go ahead and judge me. #butter4life
Note: remember to wait at least 30 minutes for the granola to cool before putting the chocolate chip on if you want the chips to stay in tack! If you want the chocolate melted onto the granola itself, then just throw the chips on while the granola is still hot!
You can also throw some sliced banana in the oven too and top off your granola with it!
And my final note before the recipe – keep in mind that granola is kind of like cookies. Like cookies, granola will continue to bake after you pull it out of the oven. While it is cooling, it will continue to form clusters and harden so keep that in mind when you’re eyeing your granola in the oven.
And now without further ado…
Peanut Butter Chocolate Granola
- 2 tablespoon of melted butter
- 1/2 cup of peanut butter
- 1/2 cup of honey
- 1.5 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 3 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of peanuts unsalted
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of chocolate chip semi sweet
- Heat your oven to 350 F.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt your butter in a large bowl.
- Add in peanut butter, honey, and vanilla extract. Mix until it is smooth
- Add in rolled oats (I added it 1 cup at a time while mixing).
- Place the mixture onto the baking sheet and make sure it is spread out.
- Bake for 15 minutes before pulling it out and stirring it a bit.
- Continue baking for another 10 minutes or until it is done to your liking.
- Remove it and let it cool for 30 minutes before mixing in chocolate chips.
Place a sliced banana into the oven if you have some on hand! Also, I used Bob's Red Mill's regular and not quick oats. I haven't tested this recipe with quick oats so you might have to adjust the oven time if you use quick oats.
QOTD: What is your favourite granola? Are you team peanut butter?
[Tweet “Do you love peanut butter? Do you love chocolate? Then this granola is perfect for you!”]
pin it for later
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube