Easy, healthy, and quick, this Air Fryer Shrimp recipe is ready in minutes! The perfect quick-cooking protein, air fried shrimp goes with everything, making for an easy meal for busy weeknights. Perfectly seasoned, tender, and juicy!
I love making shrimp in the air fryer. It has such a wonderful exterior while the inside stays tender and juicy. It’s also perfect because these air fried shrimp cook up in less than 10 minutes! What’s not to love about that?!
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Recipe
- You can air fry the shrimp in 8 minutes. 8!!! How quick is that?!
- I love how the air fryer makes cooking shrimp hands-free. There’s no flipping involved. Once you season the shrimp, the air fryer does the rest.
- It’s so simple to make this air fried shrimp with pantry staples. You don’t even have to run out to the store if you have a bag of shrimp in your freezer!
Ingredients You’ll Need
- shrimp — you can use fresh or frozen shrimp. I used a bag of peeled, deveined shrimp. It saves me so much time. Make sure you use large or jumbo shrimp, as it is easier to overcook the smaller ones.
- olive oil — or any neutral oil of your choice.
- seasoning — I season the air fryer shrimp with garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- oil spray — you just need a bit of oil spray to help crisp up the shrimp.
How to Make Air Fryer Shrimp
- Add the shrimp to a bowl with garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Mix until the shrimp is coated.
- Spray the basket with oil.
- Add the shrimp into the air fryer basket in a single layer.
- Air fry for 8 minutes at 400F.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- Avoid overcrowding the basket, or the shrimp will steam.
- You can use fresh or frozen shrimp. If using frozen shrimp, it needs to fully thaw before you air fry them.
- If there’s moisture on the shrimp (especially if you’re thawing from frozen), pat them try with a paper towel before you season them. This will prevent them from steaming and also help the seasoning stick better.
- Another seasoning combo I like to use is Cajun seasoning, lemon pepper, and Italian seasoning. Feel free to play around with the seasoning!
- Air fry the shrimp in two batches if you need to.
- Need an idea of what to serve with these air fried shrimp? Try my shrimp burrito bowl!
Make Ahead Tips
- Meal prep: once cooled, store the cooked shrimp in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Reheat: Reheat the shrimp in the microwave or air fryer.
To quickly thaw shrimp, place the bag of frozen shrimp into a cold bowl of water or run it under cold water in a colander.
Want another easy air fryer recipe for dinner? Try my air fryer salmon recipe!
Air Fryer Shrimp
- Add the shrimp to a bowl with garlic powder, onion powder, brown sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat
- Spray the air fryer with some oil spray.
- Add the shrimp into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Air fry for 8 minutes at 400F.
Nutrition Per Serving
More Air Fryer Recipes To Try
- Air Fryer Garlic Bread
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Ravioli
- Air Fryer Teriyaki Salmon
- Air Fryer Halloumi