This easy stuffed bell peppers with ground beef is a delicious and healthy dinner idea for any night of the week!
Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef, an Easy Dinner Idea
Can I confess something? For the longest time, I was not a fan of bell peppers. My friend literally cut bell peppers into the smallest pieces possible to hide it into my food! This year, I wanted to take a step out of my comfort zone and have been trying to incorporate vegetables that I don’t usually eat into my daily meals (stay tuned for brussels sprouts…).
Trying to figure out how to incorporate bell peppers this week, I wanted to try something that had the peppers be more of the main ingredient of the dish. I’ve chopped it up and covered it in sauce in my sheet pan cashew chicken and veggies and I’ve hidden it in my one pan stuffed steak so I thought, why not stuff the bell peppers it?! And I confess again, ground beef was on sale at the grocery store so that’s really how these came together haha. And thus, this easy stuffed bell peppers with ground beef was born!
What to Stuff These Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef With
I personally stuffed my bell peppers with:
- bell pepper (lol)
- lean ground beef
- strained tomatoes
- chili flakes
Other things you could put in the stuffed bell peppers
- ham (and cheese)
- and more!
What to Serve With Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef
Since these stuffed bell peppers with ground beef have so much in its filling (ie the rice and beef), this is pretty much a complete meal for me. I’d serve it with a side of greens or a soup!
Tools You’ll Need
Easy Stuffed Bell Peppers with Ground Beef
- 1.5 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 shallots (or 1 small onion), diced finely
- 4 cloves garlic, minced finely
- 200 grams mushrooms, diced finely
- 4-5 tbsp strained tomatoes
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 6 tops of bell peppers, diced finely
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
- 6 bell peppers, tops cut off, seeds removed
- salt & pepper
- shredded cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350F and bring a pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Cut off the tops of your bell peppers (save the tops!) and remove the seeds inside the bell peppers. Set aside until the water has boiled.
- Dice up the tops of the bell peppers, shallots, garlic, and mushrooms. (note I'm using shallots because that's what I personally had on hand. If you have a small onion, that works too!)
- Once the water has boiled and you're done dicing everything, put the bell peppers in and let them boil for around 5 minutes, until they've soften. Leave them on a rack to dry once they're done.
- While the bell peppers are boiling, grab your skillet and on medium-high heat, start browning your ground beef (season with salt and pepper).
- Once the beef has browned, mix in the diced bell peppers, mushrooms, shallots, garlic, chili flakes, and the strained tomatoes. After 3-5 minutes, stir in your rice.
- When everything is cooked, start stuffing your bell peppers. I layered some cheese in the middle of the bell peppers as well as on top before placing them in the oven to bake for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes or once your cheese as melted and browned a little, they're ready to be served.
Let’s chat! What is your go-to fast and easy dinner?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube