This Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken with Veggies is so easy and fast to make. My take on the popular Chinese takeout dish in under an 40 minutes!
Easy Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken with Veggies Meal Prep
H’s first reaction to this: Oh this is really good! After accusing him for not liking all my cooking in general and him back tracking (lol), he listed all the reasons why I absolutely love this recipe! The cashews are soft and flavourful, the chicken is moist and tender, and the vegetables are vegetables that I’ll willingly eat ;)
Cashew Chicken Take Out At Home
Anyways, this cashew chicken with veggies is a takeout dish that I absolutely love ordering. There’s something about the sweet and savoury sauce mixed with the cashew that just makes me happy. However, let’s be honest, takeout from a Chinese restaurant isn’t exactly the healthiest so why not make it at home where you can control what you put in it! There really isn’t even much cooking involved too! I literally chopped everything up and threw it onto a pan then into the oven. The most “cooking” involved with making this cashew chicken and veggies dish is making the sauce (aka everything in a pot and stir!)
Tips On Making the Perfect Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken Meal Prep
This sheet pan cashew chicken with veggies took me less than 10 minutes to prep but you can prep it the night before
- make the sauce the night before and putting it in an airtight jar in the fridge.
- cut up the veggies and putting it in an air tight container
- cut up the chicken to marinate the night (making it even more flavourful!) and place it in a ziplock bag
One Sheet Pan Meal Prep: Cashew Chicken with Veggies
Chicken and Vegetables
- 2 large chicken breasts, 1 inch pieces
- sea salt and black pepper, as needed
- 3 large broccoli florets, bite-sized pieces
- 2 red bell pepper, bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup roasted unsalted cashews
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together soy sauce, hoisin sauce, honey, garlic, ginger, flour and water until combined. Bring the sauce to a simmer, stirring frequently, until sauce thickens and is bubbling. Remove from heat and set aside. Be sure the sauce is not too thinned out as it will not stay on the ingredients when in the oven.
For the Chicken and Vegetables
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Season chicken with salt and black pepper. Drizzle 2-3 spoonfuls of sauce over the chicken coating well on both sides.
- Place the broccoli florets, bell peppers, and cashews in a single layer around the chicken in your pan.
- Drizzle spoonfuls of the sauce on top of everything. Save a few spoonfuls to drizzle on top of the pan after its done cooking.
- Cook in the oven for 20 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the pan from oven and drizzle with remaining sauce. Serve over rice or quinoa. Enjoy!
[Tweet “Forget takeout! Try this homemade sheet pan cashew chicken with veggies!”]
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite take out alternative?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube
pin me for later!