- 4 slices of bacon (or more, I actually use like as much as I can because I loooove bacon!)
- 2 tbsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- half a tsp of pepper
- a quarter tsp of salt
- 1.5 cups of small peas
- 1 tsp of grated lemon zest
- 4 cups of small shell pasta (or your pasta of choice. I usually use whatever was on sale)
- a quarter cup of chopped parsley
- a quarter cup of grated parmesan cheese (do I even have to tell you how I will overdose on the cheese so feel free to add as much as you want?)
Fry the bacon til crisp (I use the method were you have water in the pan). Drain then chop it up and set it aside.
Fry the onion, garlic, pepper, and salt while stirring occasionally until the onions are softened. Stir in the peas, lemon zest, juice, and bacon until everything is heated through.
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook the pasta until it’s al dente. Save 0.5 cups of the pasta water and drain the rest. Add in the pea mixture, parsley, and the 0.5 cup of pasta water and toss it to cost everything. Sprinkle with the cheese!
Let me know how much cheese and bacon you decide to add. Haha 🙂