Yup, I’m packing my bags shortly after unpacking them from Montreal. This weekend I’ll be off to Hardwood Ski and Bike out in Barrie Ontario for Ragnar Trail! Come see what I’m packing with me for this overnight trail relay with my 7 teammates!
Disclaimer: My race entry was covered by Sport Chek and they also sent my teammates and myself some goodies so we’ll be running through the woods looking fly as fly can be 😉 Thanks for supporting the brands that support me!
So what’s Ragnar Trail? Well, remember when I got into a van with 11 other runners and ran 200ish miles across Ontario and ended up at Niagara Falls? Well, I’m doing it again but this time, we get a camp and it’s teams of 8 and we relay our ways through loops in the wood and end up at our camp set at the end of each loop so we don’t need to chase after them in a van. Sounds fun right?!?!?!?! I personally cannot wait and I’m definitely trying to not overpack for this like I did with Ragnar in May! So without further ado, here’s what I’ll be bringing with me!
What I’m Packing For Ragnar
Tops | I’ll be packing 2 long sleeve, a tshirt, and a tank top. Just something for every weather and I can always double up!
- Nike Women’s Run Dri-FIT Knit Long Sleeve Shirt (link)
- Nike Women’s Run Dri-FIT Knit Short Sleeve Shirt
- New Balance Layer Tank (link)
- New Balance Viz Long Sleeve
Bottoms | I’ll be packing three pairs of leggings and a pair of comfy pants (yes, I’m scared of ticks so I’ll be avoiding shorts!) I may pack an additional pair of black leggings as a back up but I’ll have to see how all of this fits into my duffle bag the morning of!
- Nike Women’s Power Epic Lux Running Crop Tights (link)
- Under Armour Women’s Studio Mirror Striped Leggings (link)
- Nike Women’s Just Do It Leggings
Bras | I have two pairs of bras picked out for Ragnar Trail but I might pack two extra ones because I’m not sure what the weather will be like.
- Nike Women’s Pro Indy Logo Sports Bra (link)
- Nike Pro Women’s Indy Cooling Sports Bra (link)
- New Balance Pulse Bra (link)
Shoes | I’ll be packing 2 pairs plus a pair that I’ll wear on my way there
- Salomon Women’s Speed Cross 4 (link)
- Plastic Flip Flops
Other | Other things I’ll be packing
- Nathan Moxy 2L Race Vest Hydration Pack (link)
- Running Cap
- Black Diamond Head Lamp
- Toque (for the evenings)
- Mittens (for the evenings)
- Scarf (for the evenings)
- The North Face Women’s Resolve 2 Shell 2L Jacket (link)
- Sleeping Bag
- Bug Spray with Deet
- Hand Sanitizer
- Fuel such as ClifBar, Honey Stinger, Bounce
- 10000 Pairs of Socks (okay maybe 4 pairs only…)
- Body Glide
- Small Knife (for the campsite and for opening things and yes, it is pink)
- Snacks (ie all the popcorn and peanut butter…)
- Sweater (Ragnar Sweater!)
- Portable Chargers 3x (link)
- Polar V800
- Samsung S7
- Reactine (because I swell like crazy from bug bites)
- Cash for the food trucks and merchandise
Things My Teammates Are Bringing That You Might Need!
I’m very lucky that my teammates have a ton of things covered so I don’t have to pack it!
- Tent 2x
- Wagon (to transport all our stuff lol)
- Baby Wipes
- Folding Tables
- Coolers 3x
- Self Inflating Air Mattress 2x
- and Themselves to keep me out of trouble!
Whew, I think that’s everything? What are the odds I can fit it all in one bag? I have a feeling I’ll be needing two!
Let’s Chat! Am I missing something? What would you bring to an overnight trail race with camping?!
[Tweet “What’s In My Bag: Ragnar Trail Edition #ChekSquad #MyBetter @SportChek”]
Other places to connect with me
Instagrams: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube