Looking for a little more variety in your weekly meal prep? This chipotle chicken meal prep 4 ways is simple but changes slightly between each dish so you don’t have to eat the same exact lunch 4 days in a row without having to do additional work!
Chipotle Chicken Meal Prep 4 Ways
I’m going to confess that a lot of my dollar dollar bills goes from work to the Chipotle across the street. I loooooove their chicken bowls and I’ve made my own versions of their chicken bowls plenty of times. But despite being able to inhale a chicken burrito bowl the size of my face, I’ll also confess that it can get boring eating the same meal prep daily which is why buying my lunches every few days is so appealing. HOWEVER! With this yummy chipotle chicken meal prep 4 ways, I don’t have to worry about that! As the name suggests, this chipotle meal prep is made in 4 easy ways so each bowl is just slightly different from the previous one so I won’t be bored as easily!
What You Need To Make This Chipotle Chicken Copycat
The basis of this chipotle meal prep recipe is super simple. For the chipotle marinade you’ll need
- chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- olive oil
Then of course you’ll need chicken! And then you’ll need the add ons so each meal prep is slightly different
- roasted vegetables
other options include but are not limited to
- other greens
- brown rice
- sour cream
How To Make this chopotle chicken meal prep 4 ways (Video Instructions 1:40)
Tips on making the perfect chipotle chicken meal prep 4 ways
- I use these bento boxes to pack my chicken and rice to work. The two container in one style ensures that if you want to pack guac, sour cream, or other un-microwaveable ingredients, you can pack it separately
- Put in less chipotle peppers and jalapeno if you would like to cut down the spice level
- I used a food processor to make my marinade. If you want to make the chicken more flavourful, I’d recommend marinading the chicken overnight in the fridge
- If you want the recipe to be more hands off, instead of making the chicken in the cast iron, pop it into the oven while the vegetables are roasting so they can cook together
Chipotle Chicken Meal Prep 4 Ways
- 1 small onion chopped
- 5-7 garlic cloves
- 1 jalapeno (seeds removed)
- 7 oz chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 3/4 tsp cumin
- 3/4 tsp oregano
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- pinch of salt
- 2-3 tbsp water
- 3 large chicken breast
- 2 broccoli crowns
- 1000 grams mushrooms
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1/4 cup quinoa
- 1/2 cup corn
- 1/2 cup black beans
- 1 cup spinach
- lime wedges
- Blend all the ingredients of the marinade in a food processor or blender. Add 2-3 tablespoons water into the mixture and blend until smooth.
- Marinate the chicken in the mixture and set aside in the fridge for half an hour or overnight.
- Heat up a cast iron or your pan of choice and cook the chicken for 25-30 minutes or until it's cooked through.
- Set aside two chicken breast and shred the third.
- Heat oven to 400F
- Toss vegetables with oil, salt, and pepper before roasting them in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Divide the vegetables up in four containers with the first container having more than the last.
- First container: 1 chicken breast, vegetables, lime, optional guacamole or sour creamSecond container: 1 chicken breast, vegetables, corn, beans, lime, optional guacamole or sour cream
Third container: 1/2 shredded chicken breast, spinach, vegetables, corn, beans, lime, optional guacamole or sour cream
Fourth container: 1/2 shredded chicken breast, quinoa, spinach, vegetables, corn, beans, lime, optional guacamole or sour cream
Want to try another easy chicken recipes? Check these recipes out
Want a Week’s Meal Prep and Shopping list for free?
If you’re looking for more ideas on what to make, subscribe to my mailing list in the sidebar (or click here)! When you sign up, you get a week’s lunch + snack meal prep and a weekly meal planner printable! Download it and bring it to your next trip to the grocery store!
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube