This one pan spicy pineapple chicken meal prep will have you craving for more! It’s made in one pan, is healthy, sweet, and spicy plus it’s is way better than takeout!
One Pan Spicy Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep
I absolutely love pineapple and I’ve come to love Sriracha sauce so the other day, I was wondering to myself what would happen if I was to mix the two together. This one pan spicy pineapple chicken meal prep starts off sweet but then there’s a hot spicy kick that sneaks up on you. I know every recipe is pretty much my new favourite recipe but guys, I am obsessed with this one pan spicy pineapple chicken meal prep. It’s the perfect meal prep because hello – they’re delicious – and it only uses one pan. That’s right, one pan! Just how I like it to keep my dish washing down. So skip the take out and grab these ingredients instead of make this delicious sweet but spicy chicken. (PS I love pineapple so most of the pineapple was eaten by me than used during the recipe test. It was a 2:1 ratio of me eating the pineapple slices and using it for the dish haha. Please tell me I’m not alone with having to always buy extra because you know you’re gonna snack on it as you cook!)
Tips On Making The Spicy Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep
- This chicken isn’t meant to be baked. I coated it with flour so it’s go nice and golden ground. Baking it won’t give it the same results.
- Use a ziploc bag to coat your chicken with flour, salt, and pepper quickly without having to do it in a bowl and cleaning it.
- If you’re making it as a meal prep with a side of rice (or quinoa), keep the grain separated to avoid it going soggy from the sauce.
- I used garlic paste from Gourmet Garden while making the sauce to 1. avoid mincing garlic (lol) and 2. so I didn’t have to strain the sauce. You can use regular garlic and either strain the sauce or serve as is with the minced garlic.
- I used dried minced onion flakes to top the dish because I don’t have sesame at home. It also gives off a lovely fragrant!
- Please remember to taste the sauce as it simmers – spicy food doesn’t really bother me but if you find that the kick at the end is too strong, put in more pineapple juice/less Sriracha (or hot) sauce.
Change Up This One Pan Spicy Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep
- Add crushed red peppers to up the spicy factor.
- Don’t have pineapple juice? Sub in with orange juice for that tangy sweetness.
- Want to make this gluten free? Sub out the flour with tapioca starch and tamari sauce for the soy sauce.
- Add sesame seeds, peanuts, cashews, etc for an extra crunch!
- Switch the poultry with pork or shrimp.
- If you want to take it up a notch, dredge the chicken in flour, then egg, then panko!
- This can just be an easy chicken pineapple recipe by omitting the hot sauce.
Tools I Used
One Pan Spicy Pineapple Chicken Meal Prep
For The Sauce
- 2 cups pineapple juice
- 3 tbsp sriracha hot
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp flour
- To make the sauce, add everything but the flour into your pan and bring it to a boil.
- Scooping a few spoonfuls of sauce into a side bowl, slowly add your flour into the side bowl to thicken the sauce. Mix until the sauce is smooth.
- Whisk the thicken sauce into the pan and let the sauce simmer for a couple minutes so it can thicken.
- While the sauce is simmering, cut your chicken breast into cubes and then add it to a ziploc bag with flour, salt, and pepper. Shake the bag until the chicken is evenly coated.
- Once the sauce is as thick as you'd like, set it aside in a bowl. In the same pan, add some olive oil and your chicken. Let the chicken brown on one side before flipping it over.
- Once the chicken is golden brown, add the sauce and pineapples into the pan and toss everything until it's all evenly coated.
- Serve with a side of rice and garnish as you wish.
Let’s chat! What’s your favourite take out item?
Want more simple sheet pan chicken recipes? Check these out!
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki with Veggies and Pineapple Meal Prep
- Super Easy and Fast Dinner Idea: One Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- One Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken + Veggies
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube