This creamy one pot chicken is made with no cream and packed with flavour! Made with a base of mushroom, spinach, and sun dried tomato, this creamy one pot chicken is the perfect recipe for a lazy dinner under an hour.
I have seriously been digging on pot meals recently. Mostly because I don’t want to do dishes but it’s just so easy. For example, this creamy one pot chicken dish took less than an hour and my using of only one pot (and two plates) meant clean up time got cut to 5 minutes! This is perfect for a lazy dinner in.
I personally find one full chicken breast a bit too much for me so for this recipe, I cut each breast in half to create 4 thinner chicken breasts.
Not pictured in the ingredients picture up above is some panko crumbs, salt, and pepper. I started the Creamy One Pot Chicken by mixing some panko crumbs with salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese in a little plate and coated the chicken breast in it before putting it in the pan.
After the chicken’s done, you set it aside and pretty much just through the rest of the ingredients into the pot and let it do its thing before serving it over some rice, pasta, quinoa, or whatever you feel like eating with it!
Creamy One Pot Chicken (No Cream)
- 2 chicken breasts halved, coated with panko, salt, pepper, and parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 garlic cloves minced
- sun dried tomatos
- 680 grams mushroom
- 2 onions diced
- 227 grams spinach
- 2 tbsp parmesan cheese
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- 3 tbsp VH yellow curry sauce optional
- In a shallow bowl or plate, combine the panko crumbs, parmesan cheese, salt and pepper. Coat the chicken breast with the mixture.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the butter in a skillet. Fry the chicken until golden on each side, cooked through and no longer pink (about 5-6 minutes each side, depending on the thickness of the chicken. If you don't half yours like I did, you might need a longer cook time). Place aside on a plate.
- Put the rest of the butter in the pan and add in the onions, mushrooms, garlic, and spinach.
- Add in your chicken broth and parmesan cheese and let the mixture simmer. Add in cornstarch to thicken the liquid so it's more of a thick creamy texture. (An alternative is the make a blond roux to mix in but it'll require a small saucepan)
- Add in your sun dried tomatoes.
- Optional: for a little kick, I added some yellow curry sauce into the mix 🙂
- Let the sauce to simmer for a further minute until cheese melts through the sauce and add the chicken back into the pan; sprinkle with the fresh herbs for garnish and serve over rice, pasta, quinoa, etc of your choice.
Want more simple sheet pan chicken recipes? Check these out!
- Sheet Pan Cashew Chicken with Veggies
- Sheet Pan Chicken Teriyaki with Veggies and Pineapple Meal Prep
- Super Easy and Fast Dinner Idea: One Sheet Pan Chicken and Vegetables
- One Sheet Pan Honey Mustard Chicken + Veggies
[Tweet “This creamy one pot chicken is made with no cream and packed with flavour! #recipe”]
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite chicken dish?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube