This Double Cheese, Bacon, Mushroom, and Egg Hash is not only perfect breakfast but for any meal of the day! It’s super easy to make and ready in 40 minutes!
I’m been working on eating whole meals recently and one of the things that I usually struggle with is breakfast. Y’all know I’m a fan of sleeping in and leave at the very last minute but that does not fly when I’m craving a nice homey breakfast. This double cheese, bacon, mushroom, and egg hash has been the bomb dot com as it seriously hits the spot without taking forever to make.
I’m a lover of hash browns and french fries. I literally jumped for joy when McDonald’s all day breakfast is finally blessing Canada with its presence because it meant I could eat their hash browns all day any day without having to wake up and get out before 10AM. So potatoes are definitely pretty high up on my list of foods I will never give up which is pretty much how this dish came to be. I wanted a lot of potatoes but I didn’t just want potatoes so why not add classic breakfast ingredients to the pan (cutting down on dishes, woop woop!).
You could sub out the potatoes with sweet potato or yam but miss potato lover over here is going to go with the classic potato.
Most of these ingredients are a staple in my kitchen. Potatoes, mushrooms, bacon, cheese, and eggs. I had some leftover cheddar cheese and some mozzarella cheese that I used for this Stuffed Pizza Balls/Pull Apart Bread so I threw the rest onto the dish.
For this dish, I used a cast iron and this can be done via stovetop, oven, or cooked on the stovetop then finished in the oven. Below are the instructions for stovetop only.
Double Cheese, Bacon, Mushroom, and Egg Hash
- 4-5 medium sized potatoes peeled and diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 slices of bacon diced
- 1.5 cups of mushrooms
- 3 large eggs
- shredded mozzarella cheese or cheddar, to your liking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Dice potatoes into small even cubes (uneven cuts may change cook time).
- Heat the oil in a cast iron skillet (or pan) over medium heat.
- Put in the potatoes to cook while stirring occasionally, until golden and crispy (about 20 minutes).
- Add the bacon pieces to the skillet and fry while stirring occasionally until crisp.
- Add in the mushrooms half way through cooking through the bacon.
- Mix throughly.
- With a wooden spoon, make 3 pockets in the hash, crack an egg into each pocket.
- Sprinkle on the cheese (as much as you'd like)
- Cook until the eggs are just a wee bit undercooked to your liking as the heat from the cast iron will continue to cook your eggs when you take it off the stovetop.
[Tweet “This Double Cheese, Bacon, Mushroom, and Egg Hash is perfect breakfast and for any meal of the day!”]
QOTD: What’s your go-to breakfast?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube
pin it for later