Disclaimer: this post was sponsored by Egg Farmers of Canada and I was compensated for my time. Thank you for supporting the brands who support me to make this blog possible.
Go to bed excited for the morning with this delicious make ahead breakfast taco egg bowl! The perfect meal prep to get through the mornings and a fun way to celebrate World Egg Day!
Make Ahead Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
Who doesn’t love a taco bowl for breakfast?! For World Egg Day, that’s just how I’m kicking off the morning (and the rest of the week).
This make ahead breakfast taco egg bowl has been one of my go-to breakfast choices lately because they are so easy to make and thanks to the eggs and turkey in this, it is jam packed with protein that helps me start of the day with sustainable energy.
I’m a lot less likely to go around looking for a sugary snack between breakfast and lunch whenever I’m prepared with a breakfast meal prep. Be sure to enjoy a lovely egg dish today with your friends and family for World Egg Day!
Canadian Egg Facts
Did you know that Canadian eggs are produced in every province, including the Northwest Territories? Our eggs are produced by more than 1,000 farm families and no matter where you buy them from, the eggs are from a local farmer! Most of these farms are family run and the eggs that they produce go from farm to your local grocery store in less than a week. Talk about a fast and fresh breakfast!
Our amazing Canadian egg farmers take great pride in providing the best care for their hens and producing eggs of the highest quality so that our families can always have fresh clean local eggs available. Egg farmers in Canada all comply to the same National Animal Care and food-safety programs to ensure that the eggs produced are of the best quality.
The benefits of eating eggs
- Nutrition provided by eggs include: vitamin A, D, and E, folate, iron, zinc, and choline
- In 2 large eggs, you get 160 calories, 11 grams of fat, and 13 grams of protein
- Eggs are a delicious source of omega-3 which is a healthy fat that is not naturally produced in our bodies
- They’re inexpensive (see my post here on meal prepping on a budget, featuring a section of egg recipes)
- Raises your good cholesterol
- Linked to a reduction of risk of heart disease
What You’ll Need To Make This Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
- ground turkey (you can also use ground beef or ground chicken but ground turkey keeps the calories lower)
- taco seasoning
- tomato sauce
- salt & pepper
- milk (do you like to make your scrambled eggs with milk? let me know down below!)
- salsa (optional)
- cheese (optional)
How To Make This Make Ahead Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
In a skillet, mix your ground turkey with your taco seasoning of choice. Once browned, add in corn and chopped onion and mix.
Add in your tomato sauce and water then cover your skillet with a lid and let it simmer.
In a bowl, crack open your eggs and mix them with some salt and pepper, and a dash of milk. Once mixed, add them to a new non-stick skillet and gently stir them to make scrambled eggs.
Set the scrambled eggs aside once they’re done. In the same skillet, place in your mushroom to brown. I let them sit on one side for a few minutes before flipping them over. You can also just add them to your turkey meat earlier with the onions and corn if you’d like but I chose to keep mine separate.
Once everything is done, it’s time to assemble. I added some cheese on top of the eggs as well as a dollop of salsa.
Make Ahead Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
- In a skillet on medium heat, mix your ground turkey with your taco seasoning of choice. Once browned, add in corn and chopped onion and mix.
- Add in your tomato sauce and water then cover your skillet with a lid and let it simmer on low heat.
- In a bowl, crack open your eggs and mix them with some salt and pepper, and a dash of milk. Once mixed, add them to a new non-stick skillet and gently stir them to make scrambled eggs.
- Set the scrambled eggs aside once they’re done. In the same skillet, place in your mushroom to brown. I let them sit on one side for a few minutes before flipping them over. You can also just add them to your turkey meat earlier with the onions and corn if you’d like but I chose to keep mine separate.
- To assemble, place everything either together into your containers like in my images or you can keep them in separate containers and build them the morning of.
Nutrition Per Serving
How will you be enjoying World Egg Day? Let me know down in the comments below or on social media with #WorldEggDay
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
- Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades