This easy peasy no fuss pineapple salsa barely takes any time to put together! Perfect as a side dish and great for potlucks!
Fresh Pineapple Salsa
You know what goes well with Taco Tuesday? Pineapple salsa. You know what every needs for a potluck? Sides! Like this super easy pineapple salsa. And you know what tastes delicious and you can make ahead of time… that’s right! Pineapple salsa! I’ll admit, there are times where I’ll just eat this on its own by itself too haha.
But for reals, you’re going to want to keep this basic pineapple salsa recipe in your arsenal because it is perfect for the summer, easy to scale up for parties, and so versatile! I actually had made (and photographed) this on a recent gloomy day because I felt like the day just needed to be brightened up. So it’s perfect year round lol.
Ingredients to Make Pineapple Salsa
- fresh pineapple
- red onion
- lime juice
- olive oil
How To Make Fresh Pineapple Salsa
- In a bowl, mix together all of your ingredients. Serve chilled.
Note: it is up to you how large you prefer your pineapple chunks to be. While I like my pineapples to be larger, others may prefer smaller pieces!
What to Serve with Pineapple Salsa
- Pair the pineapple salsa with my delicious Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
- Or pair it with my Instant Pot Carnitas
- Dice everything in small uniform pieces and have it as a dip for your chips
- Or on top of a plate of nachos
- Pineapple salsa goes great with fish tacos
- As a side for a potluck
- Serve pineapple salsa with ribs
Alternative Ingredients For Pineapple Salsa / Easy Ways To Change Up This Easy Pineapple Salsa
Due to the simplicity of this fresh pineapple salsa, it makes for the perfect base for add-ons for when you want to change things up! Here are some ideas!
- Mix in diced jalapeños
- Mix in corn
- Mix in some bell peppers
- Add some black beans
- Make it even more tropical with some mangoes
Can I Make Pineapple Salsa Ahead of Time?
- This should last up to 3 days in the fridge so you can meal prep this pineapple salsa (especially if you have a party coming up!)
Easy Pineapple Salsa
- 2 cups fresh pineapple, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped finely
- 1/2 cup cilantro
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- In a bowl, mix together all of your ingredients.
- Serve chilled.