These Freezer Friendly Winter Spice Bacon Egg Cups are a delicious way to start off the day! Nutritious and delicious, these egg cups take less than 30 minutes to make and lasts up to a month in the freezer if you want to batch make them!
Easy Breakfast On-The-Go
You know I have a thing for egg cups – I have a wonton egg cup and this older eggs in a muffin tin post. I’m always struggling with breakfast so I’m constantly looking for a delicious but easy breakfast meal prep and egg cups are fast and easy! I love sleeping in so having breakfast planned and ready to go makes life sooooo much easier. This time around, I wanted to combine egg cups with bacon because I freaking love bacon with my breakfast so I thought, why not make a bacon “cup”?! If you’re rushing to work or school, you’ve gotta give these egg cups a go, it’s like having a full plate of breakfast rolled into a bite sized egg cup. Since they’re freezer friendly, you just need to make a batch once and pop them into the freezer and you’re set for at least a week! (Also, this is absolutely perfect for the holiday season while you’re busy AF and might not have time to make breakfast every morning!)
What To Put In The Egg Cups
I wanted to make these freezer friendly bacon egg cups with a little “kick.” I used the Vitamix to make a winter spice. If you want to make it at home, it is made out of:
- 1 cinnamon stick, broken in half
- 2 teaspoons crystalized ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pink peppercorns
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 tablespoons dried orange peel
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
The winter spice gives a warm cozy feeling that just tastes like the holidays! Definitely a great way to kick start off the morning.
Other ingredients in the egg cups:
- red pepper
On top of using the Vitamix to blend the spices with the eggs, I used it to chop my spinach too! I know, I’m a little lazy haha but it was a lot easy to toss a handful of spinach into the blender and have it cut into small pieces for me than doing it myself on the cutting board.
Tips On Making These Freezer Friendly Bacon Egg Cups
- If you’re not a fan of regular pork bacon, you can also use turkey bacon. Turkey bacon is lower in calories as it’s leaner but keep in mind that in turkey bacon, there is less protein.
- Start by putting the solid fillings into the muffin tin (after the bacon is placed in like a circle) before filling it with the winter spiced egg mixture.
- Keep in mind, the eggs will rise in the oven so do not over fill it.
- The more filling you want to place in your muffin tin, the less egg mixture you need. Keep this in mind when deciding on how many eggs you’d like to use.
- If you’re low on eggs, mix in some milk.
Freezer Friendly Winter Spice Bacon Egg Cups
- cooking spray/olive oil/butter
- 12 slices of bacon
- 9-10 eggs
- 1.5 tsp winter spice mix
- 1/2 red pepper diced
- 1/2 cup mushroom diced
- 1 cup spinach finely chopped
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- Heat your oven to 350F while you prep your ingredients.
- Using a cooking spray or olive oil or butter, grease your muffin tin and line each cup with a slice of bacon.
- In a Vitamix, mix your eggs with your winter spice (you can also use your Vitamix to finely chop your spinach beforehand too!)
- Divide your mushrooms, red peppers, cheese, and spinach among the each muffin cup and then fill with the egg mixture. Do not overfill as your egg mixture will rise in the oven.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let them cool off before refrigerating until you're ready to eat them. Store in an airtight container or freezer friendly ziploc bag if you're freezing them.
[Tweet “Freezer Friendly Winter Spice Bacon Egg Cups #MakeMerry #thefeedfeed @vitamix”]
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite breakfast prep?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube