Start your morning off deliciously with these freezer friendly healthy baked apple oatmeal cups!
Disclaimer: This post was made in partnership with Ontario Apple Growers. Thanks for sponsoring this post OAG!
A Delicious Breakfast Meal Prep
You know what they say: an apple a day keeps the doctor away! So why not start your day with a delicious healthy breakfast apple oatmeal cup? They’re so easy to make, freezer friendly, and you can mix them up with fun toppings. I really love how versatile and easy Ontario Grown Apples are to cook with – they can be made into delicious desserts or in this case, a yummy breakfast meal prep. Plus, apples are also super affordable so if your new year’s resolution is to lower your grocery bill and eat healthier, pick up some Ontario Apples! Just remember to look for the Foodland logo to make sure that you are buying Ontario grown apples. For these yummy freezer friendly healthy baked apple oatmeal cups, I used Ambrosia apples because I love the way they taste.
Apple Oatmeal Breakfast Cups Topping Ideas
These apple oatmeal breakfast cups are super easy to make and you can change up the toppings daily so if you have picky eaters at home, this should keep them from complaining! I personally love to top them off with a scoop of yogurt, a drizzle of almond butter, and some sunflower seeds and apples to give it an additional crunch. Other things you can put on it are chia seeds, hemp hearts, other fruits, jam, and more!
What You’ll Need To Make These Freezer Friendly Healthy Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups
- You’ll need a 12-cup muffin tin is a must for these oatmeal cups. You can get a non-stick one, I don’t own one so I just lightly spray my muffin tin with pam.
- I used almond milk but you can substitute with regular milk or any other milk
- I love using Wholesome’s organic dark brown sugar but you can always use coconut sugar
- Other things you can mix in are protein powders or nutritional yeast to up the nutrition content
- I also used an ice cream scoop to make it easier to get the mixture into the pan.
Freezer Friendly Healthy Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups
- greek yogurt
- almond butter
- apple pieces
- sunflower seeds
- Heat the oven to 375.
- Bake the oatmeal cups for 20 minutes, or until cooked through. Let it cool before removing it from the muffin tin or it might not keep its shape.
- Optional: top them off with the toppings of your choice such as yogurt, almond butter, more apple pieces and sunflower seeds.
[Tweet “Freezer Friendly Healthy Baked Apple Oatmeal Cups @OntarioApple #mealprep #breakfastideas #OnAppleADay”]
Let’s Chat! What’s your favourite freezer friendly meal?
Want more breakfast ideas? Check these out!
- Freezer Friendly Ham, Egg, and Cheese Bagel Bombs
- 4 Easy Overnight Oats Recipes + video
- Breakfast Wonton Egg Cups
- Freezer Friendly Winter Spice Bacon Egg Cups
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube