This easy Instant Pot Coconut Rice is the perfect side dish! Make it in under 16 minutes with only a couple simple ingredients!
What is Coconut Rice?
I’m one of those crazy people who keep buying up all the cans of coconut milk at the grocery store. There’s literally 5 cans in my pantry right now! One of my favourite recipes that I love making with it is this Instant Pot Coconut Thai Curry Chicken Meal Prep but a weekly staple recipe that uses one of my many cans of coconut milk is coconut rice.
Coconut Rice is pretty much rice prepared by cooking it with coconut milk or with coconut flakes. I personally prefer coconut milk over coconut flakes. Today, I’ll be sharing the coconut milk method cooked with an Instant Pot.
What You’ll Need To Make Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot
- basmati rice (do not use instant rice)
- coconut milk, full fat
- water or chicken stock
- lime juice
- Instant Pot DUO Plus 60 6qt
How to Make Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot
Rinse and drain rice in cold water.
In an Instant Pot, add in and mix the rice, coconut milk, water/stock, and lime juice.
Close and seal the lid, press manual and set the Instant Pot for 6 minutes. Once done, let it Natural Pressure Release for 8 minutes before Quick Releasing.
Fluff the Instant Pot Coconut Rice and serve.
Ideas of What To Serve with Coconut Rice
- Thai Inspired Chili Lime Coconut Chicken
- Thai Beef Stir Fry Meal Prep
- Instant Pot Coconut Thai Curry Chicken Meal Prep
- Sheet Pan Thai Peanut Chicken
- Curry Shrimp Meal Prep
How To Freeze Instant Pot Coconut Rice
Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
To reheat, transfer the frozen rice to a microwave safe container and microwave until it’s heated through.
Stir the rice a couple times in the middle of reheating.
You may want to add a tablespoon or two of water into the container and cover the container with a damp paper towel to help keep the rice from drying out.
Notes on Making This Coconut Rice in the Instant Pot
This coconut rice recipe has only been tested in a 6qt. A larger or smaller IP may need adjustments in the liquid ratio.
I recommend only using full fat coconut milk.
Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- 1 cup basmati rice
- 1 cup coconut milk, full fat
- 1/4 cup water or chicken stock
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- parsley or cilantro, to garnish
- Rinse and drain rice in cold water.
- In an Instant Pot, add in and mix the rice, coconut milk, water/stock, and lime juice.
- Close and seal the lid, press manual and set the Instant Pot for 6 minutes. Once done, let it Natural Pressure Release for 8 minutes before Quick Releasing.
- Fluff the Instant Pot Coconut Rice and serve.
- Once the rice has cooled, freeze it in glass meal prep containers or in freezer bags.
- Store in the freezer for up to 6 months.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES TO TRY!
- Healthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Korean Inspired Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Instant Pot Turkey and Lentil Chili
- Instant Pot Broccolini Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/