These melt-in-your-mouth air fryer pineapples are the perfect treat for any occasion. Sweet, tangy, and juicy, these pineapples have the same caramelized flavor that you get from grilling pineapples. All you need are five ingredients, and you’ll have this recipe ready in no time.
I love grilled pineapple, but I don’t always want to fire up the grill to make them. While they don’t have the same charred flavor you get from an open flame, this air fryer pineapple recipe is the perfect way to make them indoors!
Why You’ll Love This Recipe
- It’s super easy to make grilled pineapple in the air fryer. Simply toss the pineapples into the air fryer and let it do it’s thing! You don’t even have to flip the pineapples.
- You only need 5 ingredients and you more than likely have them on hand.
- I love how the sugar caramelizes on the pineapple, so they’re sweet, tangy, juicy, and sticky.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- butter — I use unsalted butter.
- oil — I find that using just melted butter doesn’t work too well as the butter thickens a bit too much with the other ingredients. So the oil helps thin it out.
- cinnamon & nutmeg — these two go hand in hand! It adds a sweet, warm flavor that pairs really well with the pineapple. If you don’t have nutmeg, you can use just cinnamon.
- brown sugar — I much prefer brown sugar to white sugar as the molasses in brown sugar give it a deeper, more caramelized flavor than white sugar.
- pineapple — I cut mine into chunks, so I can fit more into the air fryer basket in a single layer. You can also cut them into spears.
How to Make Air Fryer Pineapples
- Combine the melted butter, oil, cinnamon, nutmeg, and brown sugar.
- Combine the butter mixture with the pineapple chunks and toss to coat.
- Add the pineapple chunks to the air fryer basket and air fry at 400F for 10 minutes, shaking them once halfway.
- Serve immediately, enjoy warm.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- You can add a pinch of chili powder or Tajin seasoning for a little bit of heat.
- You can use honey or maple syrup instead of brown sugar.
- To save time, I buy pre-cut pineapple at the grocery store.
- If you want to cut your own pineapple, start by cutting off the top and bottom. This will give you a base to place the pineapple upright and start cutting the sides off before slicing them and then cutting them into chunks.
- These air fryer pineapples are great with a big scoop of ice cream on top!
- Make sure to air fry the pineapples in a single layer. If your basket is smaller than mine, you’ll have to air fry them in batches.
- Storage: once cooled, store the grilled pineapple rings in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the fridge.
- Reheat: I reheat my pineapple chunks in the air fryer until warmed through. You can also microwave them.
Air Fryer Pineapples
- Combine the melted butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, oil, and brown sugar.
- Toss with the pineapple chunks until well coated.
- Air fry for 10 minutes at 400F.