These Freezer Friendly Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are a delicious way to start your morning with! Make a batch of these moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins this weekend to simplify your weekday mornings.
Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
Are you like me and wonder how much effort you want to put into breakfasts in the morning then completely skip it if there’s nothing prepped in the fridge? Whenever I run out of breakfast meal preps, I more than often just skip breakfast altogether than go through the effort of waking up earlier than usual to cook something.
To combat that, I’ve started a rotating list of breakfast meal preps to keep stocked in the freezer. This month, it’s these super easy healthy-ish banana chocolate chip muffins. Muffins are such a great grab and go breakfast option.
The base servings of this chocolate chip banana muffin recipe is 12 and can be easily doubled. I like to make a giant batch (24) so I can keep half in the fridge for the week and the other half in the freezer to thaw whenever breakfast is needed.
What You’ll Need To Make These Moist Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin
- butter: unsalted as we add salt to the recipe, we don’t want the muffins to be over salty
- bananas: ripe
- egg, room temperature
- vanilla extract
- flour: regular all purpose, I’m not super fancy haha.
- brown sugar
- baking soda
- baking powder
- salt: I used pink Himalayan salt but you can use whatever you have
- chocolate chips: I like using dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips work well but it is up to you
How To Make Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
Heat oven to 350F.
In the microwave, melt the butter and set aside.
Either using a mixer or a fork, mash the bananas. Add in the melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix to combine.
Once combined, add in the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
Fold in the chocolate chips.
Place muffin liners into your muffin tin and divide the mixture into the liners.
Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are baked through.
Serve immediately or store to eat later.
Tips on Making This Banana Chocolate Chip Muffin Recipe
- I use a 1/3 cup to portion out the muffin mix. Each liner is just under 1/3 cups each!
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness. When done, a toothpick should go poke in and come out cleanly.
- Don’t over mix the muffin mix, doing so will cause it to be super dense.
How to Store Muffins After Baking
- To store muffins, place them in a ziploc bag or airtight container and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
- Store in the fridge in a ziploc bag or airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- To freeze muffins, place them in freezer ziploc bags or airtight container after cooling, and freeze for up to 3 months. Frozen muffins can be thawed completely at room temperature, or heat frozen muffins in the microwave on high for 30 seconds to 1 minute.
Freezer Friendly Easy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 5 tbsp butter unsalted
- 3 bananas ripe
- 1 egg room temperature
- 1 splash vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp water
- 1.5 cups flour regular all purpose
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp baking soda
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 pinch salt I used pink Himalayan salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or up to 1 cup
- Heat oven to 350F.
- In the microwave, melt the butter and set aside.
- Either using a mixer or a fork, mash the bananas. Add in the melted butter, egg, vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of water. Mix to combine.
- Once combined, add in the flour, brown sugar, baking soda, baking powder, a pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Mix to combine.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Place muffin liners into your muffin tin and divide the mixture into the liners.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until the muffins are baked through.
- Serve immediately or store to eat later.
OTHER BREAKFAST RECIPES TO TRY
- Freezer Friendly Breakfast Egg Sandwiches
- Make Ahead Breakfast Taco Egg Bowl
- Chocolate Chia Steel Cut Overnight Oats
- 4 Make Ahead Overnight Oats
- Instant Pot Poached Eggs
- Instant Pot Pizza Egg Bites
- Freezer Friendly Spinach and Cheese Hand Pie
- How To Make The Perfect Chia Pudding