These quick and easy Baked Scallops are topped with parmesan and crispy baked panko only takes a couple minutes to put together!
This post was written in partnership with Marine Stewardship Council. Thank you for supporting the brands who help make this blog possible! When shopping for seafood, remember to look for the MSC blue fish label – it is an eco-label that indicates that the seafood product is wild, certified sustainable, and traceable from ocean to plate.
Easy Baked Sea Scallops
As you know, I’m a supporting of purchasing MSC labelled seafood whenever possible. While a lot of times, people think salmon when it comes to seafood for dinner, there is such a variety of MSC certified sustainable seafood options to select from!
Scallops are one of my favourite seafood protein choice that I always bust out whenever I need to impress someone or whenever I’m short on time. They’re delicious, quick to make, looks fancy (when it only takes like 10 minutes), and a great source of protein. They’re also packed with nutrients such as omega-3, magnesium, potassium, and Vitamin B.
March is nutrition month and I think it’d be a fun way to change up our eating habits a bit! If you’re looking to reduce your meat intake this month or want to try a healthy protein option, try incorporating seafood into your meal plans 1-2 times a week!
Scallops for example, are an excellent alternative protein option. A 3-ounce (84g) serving of sea scallops provides close to 20g of protein for less than 100 calories! Just be sure to keep an eye out for the blue fish label when picking your scallops! The small step of looking for and purchasing MSC certified sustainable seafood is a direct vote for healthy oceans.
What You’ll Need To Make These Crispy Baked Scallops
- butter, unsalted and melted
- black pepper
- garlic powder
- olive oil
- MSC certified sea scallops
- parmesan cheese
- panko bread crumbs
I used the Vargagen Oven Dish in 26×21 cm oval from IKEA. But you can also use a 9×9 square baking dish if you prefer.
Preparing the Sea Scallops Before Baking
Be sure to fully thaw the scallops. There will be some liquid in the package after thawing so make sure to fully drain the scallops and pat them dry.
How To Make Super Easy Scallops for Dinner Tonight
Heat the oven to 400F.
In a measuring cup or bowl, combine the melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil.
In a baking dish, line your scallops up in a single layer before pouring the butter mixture over the sea scallops.
Grate parmesan on top of the scallops and top it off with a layer of panko.
Bake for 10-15 minutes. To get extra crispy panko on top, you can give it a light spritz of cooking oil on top in the last 5 minutes of the bake.
Serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon juice on top.
What to Serve Scallops With
- 2-3 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 4 tbsp Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/3 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 400 grams sea scallops
- 2 wedge lemon
- Heat the oven to 400F.
- In a measuring cup or bowl, combine the melted butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder, paprika, and olive oil.
- In a baking dish, line your scallops up in a single layer before pouring the butter mixture over the sea scallops.
- Grate parmesan on top of the scallops and top it off with a layer of panko.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes. To get extra crispy panko on top, you can give it a light spritz of cooking oil on top in the last 5 minutes of the bake.
- Serve immediately with a drizzle of lemon juice on top.
More simple delicious recipes to try
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Hoisin Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
- Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Healthy Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry with Peanut Sauce
- Tzatziki Crusted Salmon with Panko
- Hummus Crusted Salmon with Panko