This Homemade Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing recipe is fast, easy to make, made with wholesome ingredients, and tastes delicious! Skip the store-bought dressing and make your own!
Make This Roasted Garlic Dressing at Home
Are you like me and will have an expired bottle of salad dressing sitting in the fridge for an extended period of time? More than once I’ve bought some dressing for a party or something, use less than 1/4 of the bottle then just have it hanging out in my fridge until I do a fridge cleaning haha.
After one too many bottles that have been tossed out, I started making my own dressing. It decreases the amount of waste and I get to know exactly what it is that goes into my dressing. Making homemade dressing at home also means I can control the flavour profile as well. You know that meme where the recipe says 1 garlic clove but the cartoon girl adds way more? That’s me. Enjoy this yummy roasted garlic dressing made with 3 heads of garlic!
View this post on Instagram
Ingredients To Make This Homemade Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- white wine vinegar
- dijon mustard
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
How To Make Roasted Garlic Dressing at Home
- Heat oven to 400F
- Cut off the tops of the garlic bulb, drizzle olive oil on top, and wrap it up in tin foil. Roast in the oven for 40-60 minutes.
- In a blender (I used my Vitamix or my food processor), blend together the the cloves of garlic and the rest of the ingredients.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. Use a weck jar or mason jar to keep out moisture.
Tips on Roasting Garlic At Home
- Be sure to peel away almost all of the loose, papery, outer layers of the head of garlic. Leave the head of the garlic intact with all the cloves still connected.
- Cut off the top of the head of garlic to so the tops of the garlic cloves are exposed.
- The easiest way to remove the roasted garlic is once it’s cooled, press on the bottom of a clove to push it out of its paper. Or if in a rush, use the back of a knife and squeeze out the entire head at once.
- Roasted garlic can also be kept in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or frozen for up to 3 months.
What to Use This Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing On
- salad (recommended 2 tbsp of dressing per 2 cups of greens)
- toss with roasted chickpeas
- pair it with pizza
- flavour plain chicken meal preps
- toss with a cold pasta
- Cold Chicken Spinach Pasta Salad
- Healthy Chicken Mason Jar Salad
Homemade Creamy Roasted Garlic Dressing
- Heat oven to 400F
- Cut off the tops of the garlic bulb, drizzle a bit of olive oil on top, and wrap it up in tin foil. Roast in the oven for 40-60 minutes.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/