Delicious, simple, and healthy, this Healthy Chicken Mason Jar Salad is the perfect meal prep!
Easy Mason Jar Salad
For too long we’ve been conditioned that salads had to be bland and boring for them to be healthy. Well I’m here to tell you that it’s time to forget that and that it’s time to be able to enjoy delicious healthy salads!
The salad I’ve put together today is filled with healthy goodness in addition to being easily transported in a mason jar! All you’ve got to do is pour it out when you’re ready to eat it. This healthy salad is filled with greens, nuts/seeds, and chicken.
What’s In This Mason Jar Salad?
- roasted garlic dressing
- sunflower seeds
- pumpkin seeds
- sliced almonds
- shredded chicken
- roasted Brussels sprouts
- baby spinach
How To Layer A Salad In A Mason Jar
- First layer to go into the mason jar to make a mason jar salad is always the dressing. This prevents your greens from getting soggy before you eat it. Alternatively, you can leave your dressing on the side in a different mason jar.
- Second layer is something that is not too absorbent such as nuts and seeds.
- Third layer is the chicken. Between the nuts/seeds/chicken, they should have formed a “layer” to keep the greens far away from the dressing!
- Fourth layer is the greens. I had roasted Brussel sprouts and spinach. An option would be adding a grain before it if you want a grain component to your salad.
- Keep the mason jar in the fridge until ready to eat. Once ready, pour the salad out in a plate and enjoy!
Healthy Chicken Mason Jar Salad
- 2 tbsp roasted garlic dressing, or dressing of your choice
- 1 tsp sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp pumpkin seeds
- 2 tsp sliced almonds
- 1/2 cup shredded chicken
- 1 cup roasted shaved Brussels sprouts
- 1 cup baby spinach
- Layer your salad into your mason jar in the order of ingredients: dressing, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sliced almonds, shredded chicken, Brussel sprouts, and baby spinach.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/
More Salad Recipes to Try
- Quinoa Chicken Spinach Nergi Bowl
- Chicken Pepperoni Pasta Salad
- Quinoa Salad with Honey Garlic Sriracha Chicken
- One Pot Beef Tomato Basil Spinach Pasta with a side of Strawberry and Cashew Salad