These Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs are the perfect blend of sweet and spicy that leaves you wanting more. These are perfect as an appetizer or as part of your weekly meal prep.
If you hang out with H and I, you’ll know how much H loves his hot sauce. He has his own bottle of Sriracha. I wish I was kidding but I am not LOL. He puts it on everything – ranging from his rice to his pizza. We have approximately 3 bottles of Sriracha and 2 jars of hot sauce in our household. So when I was craving something spicy, it wasn’t a shock that I reached for Sriracha.
While at my neighbour’s house baking cakes, I saw her roommate making meatballs and it sparked my curiosity. I’ve never made my own meatballs before! I watched as she chopped onions and shaped her minced beef into little balls. Asking her questions about what she put in it, how she froze the extra, etc, I was armed with some inspiration and went off to the market to buy some meat to give it a go!
While I have a soft spot for Ikea meatballs, I wanted something spicy so I grabbed H’s Sriracha and started playing with the sauce. I wanted something with a kick but I hate things that are just blindly spicy so I played with adding honey to the mixture so it was a bit sweet but still spicy. (By the way, if you’re marinating meat in general, try using some Sriracha, you can thank me later.)
HOW TO MAKE THESE HONEY SRIRACHA TURKEY AND MUSHROOM MEATBALLS?
- Most people add breadcrumbs to their meatballs but for these honey sriracha turkey and mushroom meatballs, I used panko bread crumbs because I had a ton left over from my Lightened Up Baked Popcorn Shrimp recipe
- I used a cookie scoop to keep the portions to same
- I baked the honey sriracha turkey and mushroom meatballs to help them keep their shapes better
- I had a portobello mushroom hanging out in my fridge so I chopped it up and mixed it into the meatballs – this is the blend and extend method that adds volume to the meat and extend portions so I was able to make slightly bigger meatballs and still have 40!
SERVING IDEAS/FLAVOUR IDEAS FOR HONEY SRIRACHA TURKEY AND MUSHROOM MEATBALLS
- feeling ambitious? why not stuff it with some cheese!
- serve it with rice (white, brown, wild)
- serve with roasted sweet potatoes
- add chilli powder to the raw meatballs to add a bit more spice
- instead of serving it as a main meal, add some toothpicks and make it into an appetizer
Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- 1/4 cup Sriracha, less if you want something less spicy
- 4-5 tbsp honey
- 3 tsp tamari sauce, or soy sauce
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat your oven up to 375F and cover your sheet pans with non stick spray.
- Mix together your turkey, mushroom, garlic powder, eggs, panko bread crumbs, salt, and pepper before shaping them into little balls.
- Place meatballs onto your sheet pans and bake for 20-25 minutes, until browned and cooked through.
Honey Sriracha Sauce
- While the meatballs are cooking, mix together your Sriracha, honey, tamari, and garlic. Once mixed, cook over low heat until the sauce as bubbled and thicken a bit.
- Either serve the sauce on the side to be dipped in or coat your meatballs with the sauce all at once before serving.
Nutrition Per Serving
MORE DELICIOUS MEATBALL RECIPES
- Hoisin Sriracha Glazed Meatballs
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs Meal Prep
- Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs
- Salisbury Steak Styled Meatballs Recipe
- Meatball and Couscous Meal Prep
- Tteokbokki Korean Inspired Meatballs