Inspired by Japanese Hibachi, this Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms is saucy, full of flavor, and tender! It’s a wonderfully hearty meal that’s perfect for a weeknight dinner!
Step-by-step video instructions are down below!
Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms (aka Instant Pot Hibachi Steak)
I know – some of y’all are ride or die when it comes to cooking steak in your cast iron and cast iron only and using an Instant Pot for steak is a sin.
But hear me out – cooking the steak bites in the Instant Pot makes it so tender as well as you can just pop in the meat, press pressure, and boom, you can leave the kitchen and do whatever you want. Who doesn’t like handsfree cooking?
I also have an air fryer version of this steak and mushrooms recipe if you want to give it a go in your air fryer instead!
What You Need To Make Instant Pot Hibachi Steak and Mushrooms
- onions — I use a large sweet vilda onion, but you can use any type of onion you prefer.
- steak — I use sirloin steak, but ribeye, tri-tip, skirt steak are great alternatives.
- garlic — the more garlic the better! I grate the garlic so it melts into the sauce as it pressure cooks. You can also mince the garlic instead.
- salt and pepper
- mushroom — I have baby bella mushrooms that I cut in quarters. You can use white button mushrooms or even shiitake mushrooms!
- soy sauce — I recommend using low sodium soy sauce and then adding more salt to the dish at the end if needed.
- beef stock or broth — just like the soy sauce, I recommend using low sodium when possible so you have a better control over the amount of salt added.
- cornstarch — cornstarch will help thicken the sauce at the end, so you get a luscious sauce coating the steak and mushrooms.
How To Make Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms
In your Instant Pot, layer in your onions, steak, garlic, salt, mushrooms and pepper, soy sauce, beef broth, and close the lid. Set the lid to sealing and set the Instant Pot to 4 minutes under high pressure.
Once done, quick release.
To thicken the sauce, you can remove the beef and mushrooms or leave it in the pot, turn on the sauté function, and stir in a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch to 1 tbsp water).
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
TIPS AND NOTES ON MAKING THIS AIR FRYER STEAK BITE RECIPE
If you are meal prepping and don’t want the rice/carb mixing with your steak, you can get containers that have dividers to keep them apart!
If you are interested in a meat subscription so you’ll always have meat in your freezer, check out ButcherBox for hormone and antibiotic-free meat delivered to your door!
For some extra heat, you can add a sprinkling of red pepper flakes or tablespoon of sriracha sauce to the pressure cooker before pressure cooking.
Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms
- In your Instant Pot, layer in your onions, steak, garlic, salt and pepper, mushroom, soy sauce, beef broth, and close the lid. Set the lid to sealing and set the Instant Pot to 4 minutes under high pressure.
- Once done, quick release.
- To thicken the sauce, you can remove the beef and mushrooms or leave it in the pot, turn on the sauté function, and stir in a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch to 1 tbsp water).
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
Nutrition Per Serving
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES TO TRY!
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Cilantro Lime Rice (Instant Pot)
- Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Chicken Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Yogurt (Sous Vide or Yogurt Mode)