Inspired by Japanese Hibachi, this Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms is saucy, full of flavour, and tender! Step by step video instructions down below!
Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms (aka Instant Pot Hibachi Steak)
I know – some of y’all are ride or die when it comes to cooking steak in your cast iron and cast iron only and using an Instant Pot for sin is a sin.
But hear me out – cooking the steak bites in the Instant Pot makes it so tender as well as you can just pop in the meat, press pressure, and boom, you can leave the kitchen and do whatever you want. Who doesn’t like handsfree cooking?
I also have an air fryer version of this steak and mushrooms recipe if you want to give it a go in your air fryer instead!
What You Need To Make Instant Pot Hibachi Steak and Mushrooms
- salt and pepper
- soy sauce
- beef stock/broth
How To Make Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms
In your Instant Pot, layer in your onions, steak, garlic, salt, mushrooms and pepper, soy sauce, beef broth, and close the lid. Set the lid to sealing and set the Instant Pot to 4 minutes under high pressure.
Once done, quick release.
To thicken the sauce, you can remove the beef and mushrooms or leave it in the pot, turn on the sauté function, and stir in a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch to 1 tbsp water).
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
TIPS AND NOTES ON MAKING THIS AIR FRYER STEAK BITE RECIPE
I like to serve this alongside rice – other ideas include cauliflower rice, noodles, and potatoes.
If you are meal prepping and don’t want the rice/carb mixing with your steak, you can get containers that have dividers to keep them apart!
If you are interested in a meat subscription so you’ll always have meat in your freezer, check out Butcherbox for hormone and antibiotic free meat delivered to your door! Use “AP10” for $10 off and free bacon in your first box! Shipping is free.
Instant Pot Steak and Mushrooms
- In your Instant Pot, layer in your onions, steak, garlic, salt and pepper, mushroom, soy sauce, beef broth, and close the lid. Set the lid to sealing and set the Instant Pot to 4 minutes under high pressure.
- Once done, quick release.
- To thicken the sauce, you can remove the beef and mushrooms or leave it in the pot, turn on the sauté function, and stir in a cornstarch slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch to 1 tbsp water).
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container.
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES TO TRY!
- Healthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Instant Pot Korean Inspired Spicy Chicken Noodle Soup
- Healthy Instant Pot Turkey and Lentil Chili
- Instant Pot Broccolini Broccoli Cheddar Soup
- Instant Pot Lemon Chicken and Rice Soup
- Instant Pot Chickpeas
- Instant Pot Coconut Rice
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Meal Prep Support Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/mealprepsupport/