Tired of rice or cauliflower rice? Why not try broccoli rice! This delicious Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice meal prep is a must try if you want to keep your weekly meal preps interesting!
What is Broccoli Rice?
Broccoli rice is either processed with a food processor, cut up into crisp, or grated up with a grater into rice-like grains that can be used cooked or uncooked, and used in the same ways you’d use cauliflower rice, or even regular rice.
What You Need To Make This Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
I used the peanut sauce I used in my healthy stir fry as a base and added sriracha lime seasoning to it to give it a bit of a kick. When I make this peanut sauce, I tend to make a larger batch and refrigerate it in a mason jar so I’ll have some on hand to use for other meals.
- peanut butter
- chicken stock
- oyster sauce
- tamari or soy sauce
- sriracha lime seasoning (US readers: Trader Joe’s has a Chili Lime seasoning that’s similar)
TIPS FOR MAKING THE PERFECT Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- I use these cute bento boxes to store my leftovers to bring to work the next day
- Want to add another layer of texture to this? Throw on some non-salted peanuts on top! Crushed, halved, or whole
- Want extra protein? Add a boiled egg!
Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
Spicy Peanut Sauce
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp oyster sauce
- 1/6 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 tsp tamari or low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp cornstarch
- 1 tbsp sriracha lime seasoning
Beef and Broccoli Rice
- 500 grams broccoli
- 1 lb ground beef
- salt and pepper to taste
- crushed peanuts
- boiled eggs
- In a food processor, pulse your broccoli in batches to make the broccoli rice. Other options are to use a grater or to cut it up with a knife manually.
- You can either serve the broccoli rice as is or you are lightly sauté it with some salt and pepper.
- In a small sauce pan, mix together your peanut butter, garlic, oyster sauce, tamari, chicken stock, cornstarch, and sriracha lime seasoning. Let this simmer on low and stir occasionally.
- While the sauce is simmering, in a pan, sauté your beef on medium heat with some salt and pepper. Once it has browned, pour your peanut sauce onto the beef and then continue to sauté until the beef is cooked through.
- Once done, portion the beef with the broccoli rice into meal prep containers.
- Optional: on the day of eating, add in a boiled egg for extra protein.
[Tweet “Tired of rice or cauliflower rice? Why not try broccoli rice! This delicious Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice meal prep is a must try if you want to keep your weekly meal preps interesting! #mealprep”]
Want more easy meal prep recipes?
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube