This quick and easy Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep is super delicious, flavourful, and my new go-to meal! It makes for the perfect meal prep and a tasty weeknight dinner!
Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
Something I’ve been trying to work on this month is adding more omega 3 fatty acids and the first thing I thought of was salmon! Consuming more omega 3 fatty acids may help lower the risk of heart disease, depression, dementia, and arthritis. Overall, I’m down for getting more omega 3 into my diet and so I grabbed some salmon from the store and started working on a glaze/marinade.
What You’ll Need To Make This Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
To make the marinade, you’ll need:
- soy sauce or tamari
- garlic paste (or minced garlic)
- chili flakes
I used garlic paste instead of minced garlic as it can dissolve seamlessly into the marinade. This is just a personal preference and you are more than welcomed to use just regular minced garlic for this recipe. You’ll also need something to marinade this salmon in for this recipe – I use a large dish from Pyrex. To go with the salmon, I picked edamame beans, corn, and carrot. As an optional carb, I went with rice but other options are quinoa, brown rice, couscous, and etc.
Tips for making the perfect sweet chili salmon meal prep
- If you have time, marinading the salmon overnight would really punch up the flavour, if not, 30 minutes to an hour works too
- If you don’t have time at all to marinate, brush the salmon with the sauce and then at the half way point, brush more sauce onto the salmon again
- To bring out the flavour more, squeeze a wedge of lemon on top of the salmon before serving
- Want to change it up? Throw in some greens, break up the salmon, and make it into a salmon salad!
- I use these meal prep containers that fits everything perfect and doesn’t hold onto scents
Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep
- 1 tbsp melted butter or ghee
- 4 tbsp soy sauce
- 4 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp garlic paste
- 2 tbsp chili flakes
- 1 lb salmon divided into 4
- 1 cup corn
- 1 cup edamame
- 1/2 carrot spiralized or julienned
- rice optional
- Heat oven to 400F.
- Place your salmon into a dish and in another bowl, combine the melted butter, soy sauce, honey, and chili flakes together. Pour the marinade into your dish and let it sit in the fridge for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper and add the salmon fillets, leaving space between.
- Bake the salmon for 15-20 minutes or until salmon is cooked through and flakes easily.
- Once done, assemble your meal prep bowls by adding corn, edamame, carrot, and an optional carb to a bowl before placing your salmon on top. Top it off with a little lemon before serving to bring out the flavour some more.
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube