This Easy Hoisin Glazed Salmon Meal Prep is perfect for those who may not be able to heat up their lunches. Delicious whether warm or cold, this earthy but sweet hoisin glazed salmon is just what you need for your meal.
Easy Hoisin Glazed Salmon Meal Prep
Welcome back to another meal prep recipe from yours truly! Continuing my salmon kick (see: Sweet Chili Salmon Meal Prep), I’m back with another salmon meal prep recipe! This time, I’m sharing with you a super easy hoisin glazed salmon recipe! What’s hoisin sauce you may ask? Hoisin sauce is a sweet, spicy, dark red sauce made from soybeans, vinegar, garlic, and various spices – it’s sweet, tangy, earthy, and is one of my favourite sauces in Chinese cuisine! If you’ve ever had crispy pork, this is the sauce that they serve it with!
What You Need to make this Easy Hoisin Glazed Salmon Meal Prep
- Hoisin Sauce
- Soy Sauce or Tamari
- Ginger (fresh or ground)
Tips for making this Hoisin Salmon Meal Prep
- I used a garlic paste instead of minced garlic for the glaze so the glaze would stay “smooth” when brushed on
- To max out the flavour of this hoisin salmon meal prep, I brushed on the glaze three times – at the start, half way through baking, and at the end
- To keep things sanitary, I washed my brush and transferred the sauce each time into a separate small bowl so when I dip the brush back into the sauce, I wouldn’t be using the same brush that brushed raw salmon and cooked salmon
- If you have more time, instead of brushing the glaze on multiple times, I’d suggest marinating the salmon in the sauce instead
healthy cold meal prep / lunch idea for work
- Like I mentioned earlier, this easy hoisin salmon meal prep is also the perfect cold lunch. Sometimes you don’t have time or the ability to microwave your lunch so prep this hoisin salmon with some salad and you’ll have the perfect cold lunch for work or school!
- Other things you can prep this with without have to reheat are nuts, beans, corn, cucumbers, peas, carrots, and fruit!
Hoisin Glazed Salmon
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce or tamari
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp garlic paste or 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 tsp ground ginger or freshly grated ginger
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 lime
- 400 grams salmon fillets or 4 fillets
To serve the salmon with (optional)
- spring greens
- sliced carrot
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees
- To make the hoisin glaze, mix together the soy sauce, water, hoisin sauce, garlic, ginger, honey, and the juice of a lime together in a pot. Then simmer the sauce until it reduces to a thicker consistency.
- Brush the salmon fillets with the mixture (see notes for more) before placing them into the oven to bake.
- To serve, I made a simple salad that consisted of spring greens, edamame beans, sliced carrot, corn, and some peanuts for an added crunch. This salmon and salad combo can be serve cold, perfect for work - just break up the salad and mix it together with the salad!
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowls
- Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube