A mix of fresh fruit, quinoa, chicken, sunflower seeds, and spinach, this Quinoa Chicken Spinach Nergi Bowl comes together deliciously and makes the perfect meal prep for a refreshing lunch!
Disclaimer: this post was created in partnership with Nergi. Thank you for supporting the brands who support me to make this blog possible.
Quinoa Spinach Nergi Bowl
Who’s ready for a delicious and healthy meal prep? I’ve been in love with simple quinoa bowls lately because they literally take a couple minutes to throw together on busy weekends. This Quinoa Spinach Nergi Bowl is quite easy to prep for a healthy lunch on the go since it doesn’t require re-heating. While you can make a dressing to go on the meal prep, the Nergi berries in this recipe are quite juicy so it acts like a dressing and provides a nice sweetness to the meal prep. This Quinoa Spinach Nergi Bowl is also perfect if you have leftover chicken (ie a rotisserie chicken) since other than the quinoa, nothing else needs to be cooked to make this meal prep!
What are Nergi Berries?
Aren’t these Nergi berries just the cutest? I’ve seen them on Instagram before and have been keeping my eye out for them. So what are Nergi berries? Nergi berries are from the Actinida arguta species also known as the Siberian kiwi or baby kiwi or kiwi berry that are grown south of France. They definitely look like baby kiwis but don’t have that furry skin regular kiwis have and the entire berry can be eaten as is. Nergi fruit look like grapes on the outside, kiwis on the inside, and taste like a mix of both! They’re a great healthy snack choice because they’re so easy to eat (no peeling of the skin needed) and are packed with nutrients.
The Nergi berries are a low-calorie fruit treat that’s excellent are 52 calories for every 100g of berries. They’re rich in vitamin C, E, fibre, potassium, and more! They’re also easy to incorporate into your regular diet from topping off your daily oatmeal, yogurt, salads, and more. For more information on Nergi berries and recipes, you can check out their website.
What You’ll Need to Make This Quinoa Spinach Nergi Bowl
- quinoa (tip: if you want more flavour in your quinoa, you can cook it in stock, orange juice, or other flavourful liquids)
- sunflower seeds or your nut(s) of choice
How To Make This Quinoa Spinach Nergi Bowl
- Cook your quinoa as your package directs.
- If you have leftover chicken, shred it, if not, cook your chicken however you’d like and shred it. I cooked mine in my Instant Pot with salt, pepper, garlic, and paprika.
- If you have larger spinach leaves, I suggest roughly chopping them to make it more bite sized.
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, spinach, and shredded chicken. Top the quinoa bowl off with Nergi berries and sunflower seeds (or your nut(s) of choice). Serve immediately. If you are meal prepping this recipe, do not slice the fruit.
- A dressing is optional: I mixed honey and lime. If you use a dressing, make sure this bowl stays fresh by keeping it separate and mix them together right before lunch.
Quinoa Chicken Spinach Nergi Bowl
- 2 packs nergi, 125g per pack
- 2 cups quinoa, cooked
- 4 cups spinach
- 2 chicken breasts, shredded
- 2 tbsp sunflower seeds
- In a large bowl, mix together the quinoa, spinach, and shredded chicken. Top the quinoa bowl off with nergi berries and sunflower seeds (or your nut(s) of choice). Serve immediately. If you are meal prepping this recipe, do not slice the fruit.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 More Freezer Friendly Marinades
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube