This Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep Recipe is the perfect meal prep for the week! This Greek Chicken and Rice recipe is so quick and easy, you’re going to want to make all the time because it takes just a few spices and a couple of minutes to make! Non-Instant Pot instructions are down below if you don’t have an Instant Pot! Video down below!
Click here to pin this Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep for later
Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep
Growing up, I looooooved going to Greek Town and eating all the chicken souvlaki – like to the point where I had one of my birthday dinners at a Greek restaurant. When I worked next to a Greek family owned fast food restaurant, I was pretty much always stuffed with chicken souvlaki haha. We were even told that if the owner ever wanted pizza, we were not to charge him since he was also so kind as to stuff our takeout boxes to the brim!
Despite living off a diet of Greek chicken, I’m pretty surprised I haven’t tried to make a healthy Greek chicken and rice meal prep yet! After a few attempts, I’m happy to share with you this super simple Instant Pot Greek chicken meal prep. It takes little to no time both for the Instant Pot and non-Instant Pot version and it is definitely a flavour bomb!
What You Need For This Instant Pot Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
That’s right, this is all you need! If you have a little more time, you can also add in tzatziki, cucumbers, feta cheese, and olives but these 9 ingredients are all you really need to make this healthy greek chicken meal prep!
- chicken breast
- chicken stock (I use Better than Bouillon)
So What’s An Instant Pot?
I have the Duo Plus 9 in 1 Instant Pot. The Duo Plus replaces 9 commonly used kitchen appliances – Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake/Egg Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steam, Warm and Sterilize. It’s quite the multi-use product! Plus, because this is using the Instant Pot, it falls under the #OnePotRecipe category too! Minimal dishes! Win-Win-Win!
Tips for Making the Perfect Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep
- I use these bento boxes to pack my chicken and rice to work – they come with little sauce containers too so if you choose to add tzatiki, you can portion it separately so you can remove it from the container when reheating.
- Layer the rice on top of the chicken to avoid the rice burning (if you have an extra inner pot, you can cook this pot-in-pot style for the rice!)
- If you are making this outside of the Instant Pot – grilling the chicken is a great alternative
Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep
- 1.5 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp dill
- lemon zest
- 4 chicken breast, cubed
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp rosemary
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lemon juice
Instant Pot Instructions
- In a bowl, mix together the rice, stock, dill, and lemon zest and set it aside.
- In your Instant Pot, place your cubed chicken on the bottom then top with the oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic, lemon juice, and stock.
- If you use a pot-in-pot method, place your rice in your pot on top of a trivet. If you are not, pour in your rice mixture on top of the chicken.
- Put on your lid, turn the nob to sealing, and set the pressure on manual for 7 minutes.
- Once done, quick release. Optional: serve with tzatiki cucumbers, feta, and/or olives.
Non-Instant Pot Instructions
- In a pot, mix together the rice, stock, dill, and lemon zest. Cook according to the instruction on your rice packet.
- Season your chicken with the oregano, rosemary, thyme, garlic, and lemon juice. If you want to grill it, place the chicken on skewers and grill until it's cooked through. You can also oven bake the chicken: place the chicken in a baking dish and add in the stock. Cover the dish and bake on 400F for 15-20 minutes. Lastly, you can also pan fry the chicken.
- Once the rice and chicken is done, combine and you can serve with tzatiki cucumbers, feta, and/or olives if you'd like.
Nutrition Per Serving
Click here to pin this Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep for later
Want to try another Instant Pot recipes? Check these recipes out
- Healthier Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Spicy Chicken and Rice, Inspired by Chipotle
- Instant Pot Meatball and Couscous Meal Prep
- Instant Pot Chicken Teriyaki
- Instant Pot Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Instant Pot Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
Other places to connect with me
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube
So yummy! I added brocolli for the last 2 minutes :)
This chicken souvlaki is SO good. Thanks for sharing!`
I tried this recipe today and it turned out amazing! Rice was perfectly cooked. Thank you 😊
So happy you enjoyed it! Thanks for leaving a rating. Hope you try more :)
This was soooo good. I put in a little extra broth for the rice and it was perfect! Will be added to the list of meals we could eat over and over again!
Thank you! I’m so happy to hear that you enjoyed it!! :)
Is there a measurement for the lemon juice (1?) or is it 1 lemon, juiced?
one lemon, juiced :)
I’m not sure what I did wrong but I really wanted to love this! I used the pot in pot method as an option and the rice was uncooked and crunchy, so at the end of the program, I removed the chicken and poured rice into the broth in the pot and did high pressure for another 3 minutes. I think since I used the pot in pot method, more water needed to be in the rice? I started it with 1 1/2 cups broth in rice and 1/2 cup broth over the chicken. Any advice?
Hi Kristen – unfortunately, I’m not sure what went wrong. In my other pot-in-pot recipes, I cook my rice with a 1:1 water to rice ratio (basmati rice) and they never come out crunchy! What type of rice did you use? Maybe that might be it?
Can I use brown rice instead of white rice?
Brown rice takes longer to cook so I’m not sure if it’ll be cooked through! You could potentially swap with chicken thighs as that takes longer to cook as well! However, I’ve never tried this so I can’t guarantee the outcome.
Do you rinse your rice before mixing it in?
I always wash/rinse my rice beforehand, just in case :)
Do you use minute rice?
No. This is regular rice.
Did you use fresh dill?
Hi Ruth, I used dried dill for this recipe.
Can you cook this with frozen chicken? Or will it take too long and mess up the rice?
Hi Elizabeth, I would not do this with frozen chicken since the timing will overcook the rice!
So easy and so good!!! I also love that it’s good for you!!! Will definitely be making this again (and again and again…)!!
So glad you enjoyed Deborah!!
Can you use chicken broth?