In less than 30 minutes, you can have this Instant Pot Meatball and Couscous Meal Prep ready to go! These turkey meatballs are not only delicious but this meal prep is fast, easy, and healthy!
A Healthy Instant Pot Meal Prep: Turkey Meatball and Couscous
Have you ever had a dry turkey meatball before? Bland right? Well, I’m here today to tell you my secret to a delicious juicy meatball: parmesan. Not only does the parmesan adds that extra kick of flavour and help hold the meatballs themselves together, but it add little pockets of cheese that make these meatballs really juicy. I almost always add parmesan to my meatballs and it’s definitely worth that little bit of extra calories. Plus if you own an Instant Pot, the IP helps keeps your meatballs from drying out since it’s being cooked under pressure with steam!
Anyways, now that you know my secret to juicy turkey meatballs, I’d like to share with you a recent meal prep I’ve been working on. I’ve been somewhat obsessed with couscous. I mean, they’re just so cute and round, why wouldn’t you want to eat it?! Anyways, I’ve been playing around to see how I can streamline meal prepping some more and see how many healthy Instant Pot meals I can make before I’m out of ideas and this was my more recent creation. Note, you can do make this turkey meatball and couscous meal prep without an Instant Pot but it’ll just take more than one pot to make.
What you’ll need to make Instant Pot Meatball and Couscous Meal Prep
For the turkey meatballs, you’ll need:
For the couscous, you’ll need:
- chicken broth
Tips on making the perfect healthy instant pot turkey meatball and couscous meal prep
- this recipe makes 52 meatballs. You can either pressure cook these in two batches (once with the couscous, once after removing the couscous) or you can freeze half of the batch and use them later
- I use a cookie scoop to portion out my meatballs so they’re all the same size – this helps them cook evenly and at the same time
- want to add more flavour to the couscous? I use chicken broth to it while cooking (instead of water) but you can also sprinkle parmesan on top of it before serving
- while you can skip the browning step of the meatballs, I’d recommend browning the meatballs as it helps them keep their shape
- want to cut down on the meat? cut the meat in half and add the same amount back in mushrooms chopped finely
Instant Pot Meatball and Couscous Meal Prep
- 1 tbsp butter
- 5-6 cups broth, see note
- 540 grams couscous
- In a large bowl, mix together all your meatball ingredients before rolling them out into little meatballs
Instant Pot Instructions
- Once all the meatballs are rolled, brown them on each side in your Instant Pot in sauté mode before removing them and setting them aside.
- Deglaze your inner pot to clean it or swap out a new inner pot. In a clean inner pot, back on sauté mode, melt your butter and then pour in your broth and couscous.
- Place a little trivet into the Instant Pot and place the steam rack on top of the trivet and place your meatballs in. (note, you might have to do a separate bath of just meatballs if all of them do not fit)
- Pressure cook for 7 minutes.
Non Instant Pot Instructions
- Once all the meatballs are rolled, either fry them in a pan or bake them in the oven at 400 for 15-20 minutes. Make sure to spray the pan with non-stick or place in a parchment paper.
- In a separate pot, follow the instructions on your couscous package (usually 1:1.5 couscous to water ratio).
- this recipe makes 52 meatballs.
- the standard instant couscous to liquid ratio is 1 cup couscous to 1.5 cup liquid. please double check your ratio as while this worked for the couscous I purchased (100 grams = 1/2 cup of couscous), it might not work for yours.
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowl
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Honey Sriracha Turkey and Mushroom Meatballs
Want more healthy Instant Pot recipes?
- Healthier Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Spicy Chicken and Rice, Inspired by Chipotle
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep + Video
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube