This Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Rice is the perfect meal prep for the week or as a last minute weeknight dinner! Video down below.
Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Rice
Who’s down for a lazy Instant Pot meal prep/dinner? This spicy beef and rice recipe is where it is at! You might not see it at first, but this Instant Pot beef and rice is packed with healthy goodness! There’s onions, mushrooms, corn, tomatoes, and beans in every spoonful. While I made mine to be pretty spicy, you can always make it a little more mild by adjusting the seasonings going in.
I’m once again using the blend and extend method with this beef recipe by using a bit less meat and blending in finely diced mushrooms to stretch the meat out more. If you prefer something more beefy, feel free to add additional ground beef.
What You’ll Need To Make This Pressure Cooker Spicy Beef and Rice
- olive oil
- ground beef
- chipotle chili pepper
- beef stock
- navy beans
- canned fire roasted tomatoes
How To Make This Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Rice Meal Prep
On sauté mode on the Instant Pot, add in olive oil. Once the bottom of the liner is coated, add in the ground beef and brown.
Add in the onion, garlic, mushroom, chipotle chili pepper, and oregano and mix together.
Next, layer in the rice, beef stock, salsa, navy beans, corn, and canned fire roasted tomatoes. Do not mix.
Put on the lid, set the vent to sealing, and cook under Manual for 10 minutes.
When done, quick release, stir, and serve.
Tips and Notes on This Instant Pot Beef and Rice Recipe
- If you’d like to reduce the heat on this, check to make sure the salsa you purchase is mild.
- This beef and rice would also go great inside a burrito
- I used my food processor to quickly cut up my onion and to cut my mushroom finely so it blends in with the beef.
- If you are interested in a meat subscription so you’ll always have meat in your freezer, check out Butcherbox for hormone and antibiotic free meat delivered to your door! Use “AP10” for $10 off your first box! Shipping is free.
- I use glass airtight containers to store my meal preps so they last longer in the fridge.
- You can substitute the white beans for black if you wish. I’ve been really digging navy beans lately and have been buying a zillion cans.
Instant Pot Spicy Beef and Rice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 0.8 lb ground beef
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 cloves garlic
- 227 grams mushroom minced, approx 2.5 cups
- 1 tbsp chipotle chili pepper
- 1 tbsp oregano
- 1 cup white short grain rice
- 2 cups beef stock
- 16 oz salsa 455 grams
- 19 oz navy beans drained and rinsed, 540 ml
- 1 cup corn
- 28 oz crushed canned fire roasted tomatoes 796 ml
- On sauté mode on the Instant Pot, add in olive oil. Once the bottom of the liner is coated, add in the ground beef and brown.
- Add in the onion, garlic, mushroom, chipotle chili pepper, and oregano and mix together. Making sure nothing is stuck on the bottom of the liner.
- Next, layer in the rice, beef stock, salsa, navy beans, corn, and canned fire roasted tomatoes. Do not mix.
- Put on the lid, set the vent to sealing, and cook under Manual for 10 minutes.
- When done, quick release, stir, and serve.
Non recipe related chat: Um, I’ve been binge watching dramas on Netflix recently and 1. I loved Always Be My Maybe and 2. I saw a clip from the Asian drama Well Intended Love on Facebook so I went to watch it on Netflix and honestly, I felt like I wasted my time! Has anyone watched it? Right when the first twist came up, I was like are you serious so I googled spoilers (yes, I’m one of those people) and almost threw my phone down when I read the second twist! I was actually kind of angry over it LOL. Seriously, if you’ve watched it, please let me know so I can angry rant about their storyline!
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Easy Freezer Friendly Marinades