This Rosemary Citrus Chicken Meal Prep is such a refreshing dish – it is so light and the acid gives it such a fresh flavour. Made with a combination of lemon, lime, orange juice, and rosemary, you’re going to look forward to lunch! Plus, when served with a side of cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes and parmesan broccoli, this meal prep will make you excited for your work day.
Rosemary Citrus Chicken Meal Prep
This post is a part of my 5 Easy Chicken Marinades where I share how to prepare 5 new chicken marinades ahead of time and freeze them. Here, I’m showing you just how I turn the marinaded chicken breasts into a meal! This Rosemary Citrus Chicken Meal Prep is quite a refreshing dish – is so light and the acid gives it such a fresh flavour.
To make this rosemary citrus chicken into a full meal prep, I served the chicken alongside cinnamon roasted sweet potatoes and parmesan broccoli. Everything is made in the oven on a couple of sheet pans so it’s easy and speedy with minimal clean up!
The Marinade for the Rosemary Citrus Chicken Meal Prep
- lemon juice
- lime juice
- orange juice
- pinch of salt
What I served this rosemary citrus chicken with
I really wanted the rosemary citrus chicken to shine in this meal prep but I also wanted to make sure the rest of the sides were flavourful as well. To add an extra layer of flavour, I had covered some diced sweet potatoes with cinnamon and then roasted some broccoli before topping it off with some parmesan. I should have grated the parm on top of the broccoli for better coverage but I had them in sliced and I was too lazy to grate them up so it’s up to you on what you want to do.
Tips for making the perfect rosemary citrus chicken meal prep
- Marinade the chicken for at least 30 minutes (preferably overnight). If you want to do a quick marinade and you don’t mind how the chicken looks, I suggest piercing the chicken breasts with a fork or a knife (carefully!) so let the marinade go deeper into the chicken breast.
- If you don’t have fresh rosemary, the dried version is a great alternative.
- I cooked my chicken breasts on a different sheet pan to keep the liquids from the chicken from making my sweet potatoes and broccoli soggy
- If you want the cook time for the sweet potatoes and broccoli to be the same, just dice them smaller
Rosemary Citrus Chicken Meal Prep
- 4 chicken breasts
Rosemary Citrus Chicken
- Refrigerate the chicken for anywhere from 30 minutes to up to 1 day to marinate.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or coat with non-stick spray.
- In a bowl, combine sweet potato with olive oil, salt and cinnamon in a ziploc bag, shake to coat. Make sure the sweet potato cubes are evenly coated.
- In another bowl, combine broccoli with olive oil and garlic powder in a ziploc bag, shake to coat.
Putting it all together
- Heat oven to 400°F. Add chicken and marinade to a small baking dish or sheet pan. Bake chicken for 25-30 minutes, until cooked through.
- On a separate sheet pan, arrange the sweet potatoes onto the sheet pan in a single layer and bake for 30 minutes (until golden and tender)
- On your last sheet pan, arrange the broccoli onto the sheet pan in a single later and bake for 15 minutes. Turn broccoli over at the 15 minute mark and sprinkle with parmesan. Cook until the cheese is melted (3-5 minutes)
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades