Quick, easy, and healthy, this Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Dijon is perfect for a busy weeknight dinner. Tender, flaky, and with a delightful golden crust, you can make this maple dijon salmon in less than 20 minutes.
The air fryer works wonders with salmon. Air fried salmon always comes out perfectly tender and flaky with a crispy crust. Paired with a flavorful maple dijon sauce, this salmon recipe is perfect for any occasion.
Why You’ll Love This Air Fryer Recipe
- The salmon comes out so tender and moist on the inside and perfectly crispy on the outside with the air fryer. It’s such a delicious way to cook salmon and it’s practically foolproof.
- It’s really quick to air fry salmon. Like, less than 10 minutes quick. You can’t beat that speed when you’re trying to get dinner on the table quickly on a busy weeknight.
- It’s beyond easy to cook salmon in the air fryer. You don’t even require flipping the salmon! Season the salmon, spread the maple dijon on top, and pop them into the air fryer.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- salmon — I have two pieces of salmon for this recipe, but you can easily double the recipe. My air fryer can fit 4 fillets. I keep the skin on the salmon as it gets deliciously crispy. One serving of salmon is around 3 to 4 ounces. My fillets are 4ish ounces.
- seasoning — I season the salmon fillets with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- dijon mustard — dijon mustard has a tangy, sharp, and strong flavor with a bit of spice.
- maple syrup — make sure you use maple syrup and not pancake syrup. They’re not the same.
- oil spray — you just need a spray for the air fryer basket.
How to Make Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Dijon
- In a small bowl, combine the dijon mustard and maple syrup.
- Using a paper towel, pat dry the salmon fillets. Removing the moisture will help the seasoning stick to the salmon and prevents the salmon from steaming. Your salmon will be much crispier when dry. Make sure to pat dry all the sides.
- Generously season the salmon with salt, pepper, and paprika.
- Spray the air fryer basket with some oil spray.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, into the air fryer basket, making sure there’s space between them.
- Spoon the maple dijon sauce over the salmon.
- Air fry the salmon fillets for 6 to 8 minutes at 400F, depending on the thickness of your salmon.
- Remove the salmon fillets from the air fryer basket and let rest for a couple of minutes before serving.
Recipe Tips and Notes
- For a brighter hint of flavor, you can squeeze a lemon on top of the salmon before serving.
- If you have a larger or thicker piece of salmon, you’ll have to increase your cooking time accordingly.
- Make sure there’s space between the fillets in the basket. This allows the hot air to fully circulate between each fillet so they’ll crisp up.
- Try to use salmon fillets that are similar in size. Since the salmon is essentially cooked blind in the air fryer, similar sized salmon fillets will cook evenly.
- You can add a bit of sriracha or cayenne pepper to the maple dijon sauce to add a little heat to the salmon.
- I use skin-on salmon fillet as the skin helps keep the salmon moist. If you’re not a fan of the skin, you can remove it after air frying.
- All air fryers cook differently when it comes to temperature. Some cook hotter than others, so check on the salmon at the 6 minute mark with a meat thermometer.
Make Ahead Tips
- Meal prep: once cooled, refrigerate salmon in an airtight container for up to 3 days in the fridge.
- Freezer: while you can freeze cooked salmon in an airtight container for up to 3 months, the texture of the salmon may change. I recommend making salmon fresh when needed.
You can tell if salmon is done by checking its internal temperature should reach 145ºF (62°C). Use a meat thermometer to quickly check the temperature. If you do not have one, you can use a fork and flake the salmon to check. The salmon should flake easily.
Enjoy the salmon chilled or reheated the salmon in the air fryer. It only takes a couple of minutes at 400°F.
I highly recommend that you thaw the salmon fillets before air frying them. This ensures they cook evenly, as the exterior of the salmon might dry out before the center cooks.
Need something to serve with this air fryer maple dijon salmon? Try these side dishes:
- air fryer garlic bread
- coconut lime rice
- Japanese corn rice
- Instant Pot basmati rice
- rosemary mashed potatoes
- rosemary roasted potatoes
- pan fried brussels sprouts
Air Fryer Salmon with Maple Dijon
- Whisk together the dijon mustard and maple syrup and set aside.
- Pat dry the salmon fillets with a paper towel and then generously season the salmon with salt, pepper, and paprika on all sides of the salmon.
- Spray the air fryer basket with the oil spray.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, into the air fryer basket and spoon the maple dijon over the salmon fillets. Air fry at 400°F for 6 to 8 minutes.
- Place the salmon fillets, skin side down, into the air fryer basket and air fry at 400°F for 6 to 8 minutes.
Nutrition Per Serving
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Turkey Thighs
- Teriyaki Salmon (Air Fryer)
- Air Fryer Halloumi
- Air Fryer Gochujang Chicken Thighs
- Air Fryer Dumplings
- Air Fryer Sausage Links
- Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- Air Fryer Ravioli