This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner! This Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodle recipe is so quick, easy, and versatile you’re going to want to make all the time! Non-Instant Pot instructions are down below if you don’t have an Instant Pot! Video down below!
Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
Y’all know I love my peanut sauce (ie this stir fry and this chicken wrap meal) so this recipe was inevitable. I hadn’t had Thai food in a while so when I look a look in my fridge to see what I wanted to make for dinner, this pretty healthy thai peanut chicken and noodles recipe was a shoo-in. So how is this healthier than your usual thai peanut meals? Most store bought peanut sauces tend to have brown sugar, regular sugar, caramel colouring, and shelf life extender. This homemade peanut sauce cuts those out!
What You Need For This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
This healthy thai peanut chicken and noodle recipe doesn’t require much. Most of the ingredients shown here is for the peanut sauce! If you want to mix it up, you can add some hot sauce to the peanut sauce.
- chicken breast
- rice noodles or noodles of your choice
- chicken stock (I use Better than Bouillon)
- peanut butter
- oyster sauce
- tamari or soy sauce
- rice vinegar
So What’s An Instant Pot?
I have the Duo Plus 9 in 1 Instant Pot. The Duo Plus replaces 9 commonly used kitchen appliances – Pressure Cooker, Slow Cooker, Rice/Porridge Cooker, Yogurt Maker, Cake/Egg Maker, Sauté/Searing, Steam, Warm and Sterilize. It’s quite the multi-use product! Plus, because this is using the Instant Pot, it falls under the #OnePotRecipe category too! Minimal dishes! Win-Win-Win! If you want to learn more, here’s my What’s An Instant Pot post that also breaks down each model!
Tips for Making the Perfect Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
- You don’t have to use rice noodles, any quick cook noodles (stir fry noodles, ramen noodles, etc) will work!
- This Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles is best to be eaten immediately due to the sauce. However, if you’re re-heating it, add a little bit of water to the pot and give it a quick stir to reheat it
- After cooking the chicken, you can either 1. add your noodles and peas into the Instant Pot pre-cooked, or sauté in the pot until cooked, or add a cup of water and pressure cook for 1 minute
How to Make This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles (1 min video)
Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles
This Healthy Instant Pot Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodles Recipe is the perfect weeknight dinner! This Thai Peanut Chicken and Noodle recipe is so quick, easy, and versatile you’re going to want to make all the time! Non-Instant Pot instructions are down below if you don't have an Instant Pot!
Instant Pot Instructions
In an Instant Pot, turn on sauté mode and put in the peanut butter, rice vinegar, tamari/soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice, garlic, and chicken stock and mix until it's blended together.
Place the chicken breast in the sauce and place the Instant Pot lid on. Seal it and set it to 12 minutes under pressure.
After it's done cooking, leave the sauce in the Instant Pot and remove the chicken and set aside to shred.
For the noodles and snow peas, you can either 1. add your noodles and peas into the Instant Pot pre-cooked, or sauté in the pot until cooked, or add a cup of water and pressure cook for 1 minute
After the noodles are cooked, add your chicken (now shredded) back in and mix it together. Top with some lime and optional: red chili flakes and chopped peanuts.
Non Instant Pot Instructions
Cook your chicken via stove top or oven baked (400F at 25 mins), set it aside to cool a bit before shredding.
Cook your noodles and peas (these rice noodles takes 6 minutes in boiling water so add the peas half way in).
In a pot on medium heat, add in the peanut butter, rice vinegar, tamari/soy sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice, garlic, and chicken stock and mix until it's blended together and let it simmer for a minute.
Once everything is cooked, combine the sauce, noodles, peas, and shredded chicken. Serve immediately and top off with some lime and optional: red chili flakes and chopped peanuts.
I've had some feedback regarding a burn notice from the peanut butter sauce. Some things to keep in mind with making this recipe in the Instant Pot is
- The size of your IP. Mine is 6 qt and the size of the pot plays a role. If your pot is bigger, then the liquid is not as deep so more likely to burn.
- What type of PB you are using: note that the sauce in the video is still quite liquidly after the first pressure cook. If your peanut butter is too thick, that's something to keep in mind as it'll make the sauce thicker and more likely to burn. Add extra broth or stock if your peanut sauce is too thick
- Lastly, the rice noodles Im using will literally cook once it's in boiling liquid. The results will not be the same if you use other noodles (ie pasta noodles)
Don’t forget to click the pin button down below to save this recipe for later!
Want to try another Instant Pot recipes? Check these recipes out
- Healthier Instant Pot Butter Chicken
- Healthy Instant Pot Lasagna Soup
- Easy Instant Pot Beef Stew
- Spicy Chicken and Rice, Inspired by Chipotle
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Instant Pot Meal Prep + Video
Other places to connect with me
Instagram: @runcarmyrun @curiouslychasing @carmyshungry
Email: [email protected]
Vlogs/Recipe Videos: Youtube