Creamy, aromatic, and easy to make, this Instant Pot Chicken Peanut Satay is going to become a staple in your meal plans!
Disclaimer: This recipe was made in partnership with The Peanut Institute. Thank you for supporting the brands who support me to make this blog possible.
Instant Pot Chicken Peanut Satay
There’s nothing I love more than a good saucy chicken recipe. Actually, there is something I like more, a saucy peanut chicken recipe. There’s just something about a good peanut sauce that really hits the spot. It really is true when they say that adding peanut butter makes everything taste that much better.
The peanut butter added to the sauce not only makes it so deliciously creamy, it also adds healthy fats, antioxidants, and fibre. Small but mighty, peanuts are a superfood! For every ounce of peanut butter you use, you are getting 8 grams of protein. Pairing peanut butter with chicken makes this recipe a protein bomb! Plus, peanuts pack a powerful punch of nutrients, vitamins, and minerals! Seriously, make this chicken satay in your Instant Pot ASAP!
What You’ll Need To Make This Instant Pot Chicken Peanut Satay
- coconut milk
- soy sauce: low sodium
- garlic: sliced or minced
- lime: one juiced
- garam masala
- curry powder
- chili paste/sambal oelek
- smooth peanut butter: here’s how you can make your own peanut butter at home
- chicken breast, skinless boneless
- garnish: crushed peanuts, lime, basil
- to serve with: rice
How To Make Chicken Satay in the Instant Pot
In the Instant Pot, mix together all your ingredients before layering in your chicken.
When done, place your lid on, set the valve to sealing, and set on Manual for 4 minutes. Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes when done before quick releasing.
Give the chicken satay a stir before serving.
Serve immediately with garnish and your side of choice (I picked rice) or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
Tips and Notes on This Chicken Satay Recipe
The timing of the chicken is the same as the timing on my Instant Pot Kung Pao Chicken and Rice. While I haven’t tested this recipe with a trivet + rice (my trivet is MIA from my move!), I don’t see why this wouldn’t work.
Please take note of your liquid mixture and add water/broth if needed to your discretion. As shown in the video tutorial, my mixture is pretty thin. If your peanut butter or coconut milk is of a thicker consistency, you may need to add 1/4 cup of water/broth to thin it out to avoid a burn message.
How to Make This Chicken Recipe Freezer Friendly
Add all the ingredients into a freezer safe ziploc bag and freeze for up to 3 months. Before using, allow it to thaw overnight in the fridge before transferring it into the Instant Pot.
Instant Pot Chicken Peanut Satay
- In the Instant Pot, mix together all your ingredients before layering in your chicken.
- When done, place your lid on, set the valve to sealing, and set on Manual for 4 minutes. Natural Pressure Release for 10 minutes when done before quick releasing.
- Give the chicken satay a stir before serving.
- Serve immediately with garnish and your side of choice (I picked rice) or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.
RESOURCES AND TIPS FOR MEAL PREPPING
- How To Cook Chicken Breasts Perfectly
- What Is An Instant Pot
- Tips To Help You Meal Prep For The Week Successfully
- Tips for Meal Prepping on a Budget
- 7 Freezer Friendly Chicken Marinades
- 5 Freezer Friendly Marinades
MORE INSTANT POT MEAL PREP RECIPES TO TRY
- Instant Pot Korean Inspired Ragu
- Instant Pot Chicken Tinga
- Instant Pot Coconut Thai Curry Chicken
- Instant Pot Chicken Tikka Masala
- Spicy Instant Pot Chicken and Rice Meal Prep (inspired by the chicken burrito bowls from Chipotle)