This Miso Honey Chicken Meal Prep is an easy and delicious sheet pan meal prep that takes less than 40 minutes to put together and bake!
Miso Honey Chicken Meal Prep
When you eat chicken breasts day in and day out, it can get pretty boring. A few weeks ago, I was wandering around the store and spotted some miso on a shelf so I did what any normal person would do and grabbed a box, went home, and got testing! After making some miso soup (of course), I played around with adding miso to honey and soy sauce and felt like I had a hit on my hands! It was sweet, salty, and tangy!
Tips on Making This Miso Honey Chicken Meal Prep
So you know I always harp on not over crowding a sheet pan so everything can bake fully and properly. Well disregard that for this recipe! At least at first. I have a little secret tip here. Because I halved each of my chicken breasts, they really thinned out. This meant I really only had to bake it for 15ish minutes before it was cooked through. So what I did was once the chicken was baked through, I set it aside to rest and during that rest time, I gave the vegetables in the pan a good stir and let it continue to bake in the oven. But without the chicken, there was plenty of room on the sheet pan for the vegetables to now be spread in a single layer. Might as well be productive while the chicken rests right?
An alternative is to place your longer roast vegetables, such as sweet potatoes, into the oven first with the chicken and once the chicken is done, add your faster roast vegetables, such as the broccoli and edamame beans, into the pan once the chicken as been removed.
The recipe for the sauce that I put on the chicken leaves quite a bit leftover if you were to just brush the chicken with the sauce like I did (time crunch!). You can choose to marinate the chicken in all the sauce instead to use it all up or alternatively, set some sauce aside at the beginning and use it later as a dipping sauce for the roasted vegetables.
Ideas of what to serve this honey miso chicken with
I chose to serve mine with sweet potato, broccoli, edamame, and soy noodles but here are some other options! Just keep in mind that you might have to roast certain vegetables separately as they have different cook times.
- quinoa, couscous, rice, pasta
- brussel sprouts
- bell peppers
Miso Honey Chicken Meal Prep
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced into halves (4 total)
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 broccoli crown, chopped
- 2 cups edamame beans, in their shells
- 1 sweet potato, diced
- Heat your oven up to 400F.
- In a small bowl, combine honey, white miso paste, and soy sauce. If you plan on using some as a dipping sauce, be sure to set half aside as to not contaminate the sauce with raw chicken.
- Either brush on the sauce onto your chicken breasts or marinate the chicken breasts in the sauce (30-60 minutes).
- Coat the broccoli, edamame beans, and sweet potato with olive oil (around 1-2 tbsp) and season with salt and pepper.
- On a sheet pan, place your chicken breasts in the middle and surround it with your broccoli, edamame beans, and sweet potato.
- Bake your sheet pan for 10-15 minutes before checking if your chicken is cooked through (as I've halved my 2 chicken breasts into 4, they are thinner than usual and take less time to bake through).
- When your chicken is done, remove from it from the sheet pan, and set it aside. Give your vegetables a stir to spread it out across the sheet pan and let it continue to bake for another 5-10 minutes (or whenever the sweet potatoes are baked through).
- Serve immediately or portion into 4 containers for the week.
WANT MORE MEAL PREPS?
- Spicy Peanut Beef with Broccoli Rice Meal Prep
- Spicy Peanut Chicken Wraps
- Healthy Turkey Taco Meal Prep Bowl
- Freezer Friendly Whole Chicken Meal Prep
- Healthy Greek Chicken and Rice Meal Prep
- Vietnamese Bun Cha Inspired Meatballs Meal Prep
- Yogurt with Fruit and Homemade Granola Breakfast Meal Prep
- Breakfast Wonton Egg Cups
pin this for later!